The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images)

pegelli

What, no street shots added in 4 weeks, high time we get this great thread going again

Now is the time ..... (for stoeproken)

Loitering on the pier

bab

Let me know if your interested in this look I have had several sold images with the process? It is pleasing for certain images, many views seem to like but are people with no photographic background so I just questioning what everyone thinks before I go hog wild making to many prints.

Thanks

Taylor Sherman

I think it works better for some of the pictures than others. EG the segway riders, the man in the sea, and the kid w/ the blanket I do like. The others not as much.

pegelli

Let me know if your interested in this look I have had several sold images with the process? It is pleasing for certain images, many views seem to like but are people with no photographic background so I just questioning what everyone thinks before I go hog wild making to many prints.
Thanks
It is indeed pleasing for some images. It has two drawbacks in my mind:
- some pictures get very ugly halos around the subjects (depending on background)
- after some time or too many pictures that way it becomes a bit of a cliche trick

But if you or your customers like it that's all that counts I would think.

Pingang

Another shot of Steve Mccurry with his famous Afghan girl unauthorized painted on cavas net to him in a night street in Bangkok. Steve was asking if he could get a discount on that piece but that painter claimed "yeah, it is your picture but it is my painting"! Obviously, the deal did not get thru.
Steve Mccurry is a long time good friend of mine and we spent lots of time walking on street often and it is of his personal interests to look for all the wild duplication of his Afghan Girl being interpreted to many different form, once we even saw a tatoo on a girl leg!

Shot with a SONY NEX-5 with 18-55 E lens.

BR,Pingang

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Indian woman (possibly works in the IT sector) on a hot humid day.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

..really hot that some (belonging to an opposite end of the job sector) just crashed under a tree by the road side.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

NEX-5N