The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Street (images)

pegelli

Nice pics of Brussels as well Nettar, the late evening sun gives them nice colour

Here's a grab shot from Reykjavik last week:

NEX6 + E55-210 @ 68 mm.

Nettar

That's very good, pegelli, especially for a grab shot! At that focal length, I'd not have got the focus right.

Here are two more from Brussels. Nex 5N, and Zeiss 18mm ZM, yet again. Nettar

Last edited:

Taylor Sherman

Oh yes, definitely cornerfixed. There's actually still some pink in the corners on that one. The CV15 has a lot of color cast on the Nex-7.

No distortion correction though.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Oh yes, definitely cornerfixed. There's actually still some pink in the corners on that one. The CV15 has a lot of color cast on the Nex-7.

No distortion correction though.
That's interesting. I've been considering this lens but was put off by the rumor of distortion....
Thanks

Taylor Sherman

I was looking at my photos w/ this lens on Flickr, but then I couldn't remember if maybe I had adjusted distortion on some. So, I'm not sure how bad it is on APS-C.

I've got the Touit 12 now, so I'm set for optically-very-good super-wide. I still like the CV though because

a. it's tiny
b. it has a very distinctive rendering - which means tons of vignetting, good detail if not super sharp, and it takes to image processing very well. B&W, cranking up clarity, whatever.

Nettar

Thanks for those helpful comments, Taylor. I have the CV 12mm, which seems to need no correction for colour or distortion on my NEX-5N -- although it would need correction for colour on a -7. I also have the Sigma 8-16mm, which I really like because of the 8mm option, but for me the CV is sharper on the borders than the Sigma at 12mm. (I've read reports to the contrary, but that's my experience. It probably relates to my copies of each lens.) I've considered getting the Touit, but at this point I don't find the reviews sufficiently compelling to convince me to save up and buy it. Perhaps when photozone's review comes out I'll reconsider.

I'm an extreme wide angle addict, although I agree that extreme wides are of limited use for street photography. I'd pay good money for an impressive rectilinear 8mm prime lens (even if it was rather slow), but I'm sure I'm in a small minority here. Nettar

Nettar

I like the first one particularly, Simon -- to me, one of the subjects looking at the photographer always helps to involve the viewer in the image. Nettar

Last edited: