The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma 19mm on E-Mount, Really worth considering

FlypenFly

Some samples on nex7, No saturation or vibrance added, except for 1 where it's obvious.

The color separation and just fine detail close up is easily that of a $600 lens.

CA is slight in demanding dark object / sky background situations but is easily removed in LR4 with their auto tool.

I really like the OOC colors on this one. I have found that the NEX-7 needs its own color profiles though if you want to use it effectively. The Adobe Standard is atrocious!

overcooked this a bit for fun

.jpg[/img]

If you told me this was a Zeiss lens, I wouldn't be shocked.

Definitely picking up the 30mm now.

Here's a couple from the ZA 24mm F1.8 Zeiss which I brought along as well.

HeavyDuty

I told myself that I didn't care enough for the 28mm FOV to buy this lens, but my resistance is fading. I'm so impressed with my 30 that I think a 19 is in my future.

If we could only get Sigma to do a 60/2.8 Macro to complete the set!

alphaman

Whether it be "Sigma 19mm on E-Mount, really worth considering?" or "Sigma 19mm on E-Mount, really worth considering!", I'm not entirely sure.

What I do know is that it appears to be an excellent little lens, very attractively priced but possibly the wrong focal length. I would have snapped it up if it had been a 16mm, but was initially disappointed that it was a 19mm. That said, I'm increasingly thinking of changing my mind set and getting it ... !

V

Vivek

Good questions, Alphaman! :)

FylpenFly: Thanks for the post and the samples!

My wide solution was a bit different. A new NEX-C3 was only 10 Euros less than the Sigma 19. It works great with my CV 15/4.5, W-Nikkor-C 2.5cm f/4 and such.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
I'm enjoying the Sigma 19, and love the very short minimum focus distance (around 6-8 inches).