The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Finally! Hotshoe for NEX!

V

Vivek

Finally someone seems to have done what Sony should have been offering from the start, a hotshoe that would attach to the NEX acc. port!

Take a look here (Chinese but the images speak for themselves!):

Shadow ?? Sony NEX ???????????????

:thumbs:

Edit:

This appears to be the shop: http://www.nexproshop.com/

I sent them a query about availability.

Last edited:

hot

a) it's NOT Sony
b) it doesn't support TTL
c) it's tooooo expensive
d) it's trash

V

Vivek

John, That outfit has nothing that can screw in to the accessory port of a NEX3/5/C3/5N and make a hotshoe.

FWIW, the makers responded and say that this hotshoe is ready to ship in 3 weeks.

Interestingly, this might have come a bit too late as the new NEX-F3's accessory port may not (speculation) allow a flash/flash connection because there is a built in pop up flash.

V

Vivek

What if that allows only the use of an EVF or a Stereo mic (what I implied in my earlier post). We do not have any specifications of that camera, yet.

hot

If it is same connection ... connect EVF, mic, flaaaash ...

SONY likes to sell ALL :D

V

Vivek

I agree.

Given that, for the life of me, I can not understand why Sony would not release a hot shoe with TTL contacts for the NEX (there is a peanut flash, a larger version of that, a flash extender and that overpriced OVF for the 16mm)! :confused:

hot

I think it's another development department SSN (Sony Secret Nex) - they should ask/look for NEX7

jlm

Workshop Member
oh...i am using the nex 7 and one of flashzebra's adapters from proprietary Sony/minolta to standard

V

Vivek

I may be correct in my speculation that the F3's acc. port is only for the EVF or the mic*. No flash connection.

*as per leaking specs.

mazor

a) it's NOT Sony
b) it doesn't support TTL
c) it's tooooo expensive
d) it's trash

hmm Sony should really bring one out then, handy for radio triggering strobes etc.

If it does not support ttl, dos that mean there is no preflash, and hence can activate cheap remote flash?

Have you tried this unit out?

hot

hmm Sony should really bring one out then, handy for radio triggering strobes etc.
WHYYYY? If 100 people from 1.000.000 wish so, SONY makes a genuflection and is grateful for this billion-deal ?

mazor

haha true Hot, just wishful thinking eh...

Guess the majority of people that will want to use remote strobes etc will not consider a nex 5n, and get a nex 7 which has a dedicated hotshoe.

its just nice to know that in an event that you want to use slave remote flash, it may be possible using this fancy aftermarket gadget