The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Custom cable release adapter for Nex 7

JohnNewman

I have commented recently on other forums about using a cable release adapter on my Nex 7 to circumvent some of Sony's strange decisions which don't allow use of the wireless adapter in some modes, notable auto-HDR and AEB.

I recently contacted Richard Franiec Richard Franiec's Camera Accessories who kindly replied and said that he had had some enquiries for a custom cable release adapter but not enough to warrant a project to make one at this time similar to the ones on his website.

With Richard's kind permission, I have therefore started this thread, as well as one on DPReview, (and will send Richard a link) to ask whether any other users would be willing or interested in such an adapter if it was available.

I'd therefore ask that if anyone is interested, they could make a comment on this thread to signify interest.

Richard (rightly in my view) hasn't said exactly how many would need to express firm interest. I imagine that, if the project proceeded, he would need to spend considerable time in design and manufacture so obviously the more of you that do show interest, the better. He will then be able to make a decision whether to proceed or not.

Thanks for looking

John

JohnNewman

I've tried one of them (or very similar) and it interferes with the Tri-Nav wheels.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

John

V

Vivek

Haha, all ready since years ... for few bucks
Can you post some links (where to buy)? The band can be modified in a such a way as to not interfere with the dials on the 7. Thanks!

I would take anything general/generic as opposed to "custom". These NEX' such are a constant drain on the wallet with every other model being ever so slightly different in shape and dimensions even if they use the same sensor again and again (e.g., C3, 5N, F3...).

The greatest thing about the NEX is the battery. Generic ones are so cheap and they work so well. :)