The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nex7 a wise choice?

mazor

can you mount EF lens to X1pro?? Think that will be a game changer if it did, plus how about focus peaking!

Nigel,

As a 5D shooter and NEX-7 owner I can only speak highly of the 7. It trumps the original 5D sensor and as you said, is likely on par with the Mark II at least below 1600. I even used the 7 in low-light concert work (with an adapted Contax C/Y 50mm 1.4 planar) alongside the 5D. Here is a link to a show last week that is up on SPIN.com - Dream Amphitheatre: Live Photos of M83 in Austin | SPIN | Newswire | Scene and Heard

I also currently have the Metabones EF adapter on loan and it is an interesting product. I'm testing it with the 35mm 1.4L and the 70-200 2.8 IS. Pretty amazing having the later turn into an image stabilized 300mm at 24mp.

I say order up that 7!