Site Sponsors

Thread: New Zeiss primes

Post Thanks / Like

New Zeiss primes

The Sony Alpha Rumors site seems to be down. So I couldn't confirm but I thought I might have read that there was a rumor of a Zeiss 50/1.2 alpha mount prime?

As by the end of this year there will almost certainly be an A900 replacement(s) coming - is there a Zeiss roadmap or any credible info for new Zeiss Alpha lenses?

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Zeiss primes

If the rumor is true about a new Zeiss 50/1,2 Planar, that's great news. I took my A900 over the weekend on a short trip and I really enjoy the camera. I hope the upcoming A99 will have a bit faster focus system.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Graber View Post
    is there a Zeiss roadmap or any credible info for new Zeiss Alpha lenses?
    I'm afraid not, there are only rumors from SAR.
    The site seems confident about the 50 mm though...
    Should be an interesting lens!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't claim any special knowledge or insight into the Sony lens roadmap but has Zeiss ever issued a 50mm f/1.2? Maybe it's actually a 50/1.4. Not that I wouldn't be interested in a 1.2 but sometimes things get garbled on SAR.

Regards,
    John

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jfirneno View Post
    I can't claim any special knowledge or insight into the Sony lens roadmap but has Zeiss ever issued a 50mm f/1.2? Maybe it's actually a 50/1.4. Not that I wouldn't be interested in a 1.2 but sometimes things get garbled on SAR.

Regards,
    John
    I believe a 50/1.4 was mentioned as well.

I believe Zeiss makes cinematography f1.2 lenses in 3 focal lengths. There was an 85/1.2. They built a 50 mm Planar f/0.7 for NASA.

Just a question of price. They have built tons of super fast lenses for different formats and applications.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Graber View Post
    I believe a 50/1.4 was mentioned as well.

I believe Zeiss makes cinematography f1.2 lenses in 3 focal lengths. There was an 85/1.2. They built a 50 mm Planar f/0.7 for NASA.

Just a question of price. They have built tons of super fast lenses for different formats and applications.
    Well, that's good. Sometimes the info coming from SAR seems muddled. I would be very interested in either a Zeiss 50 1.4 or 1.2 in a-mount. Here's hoping they actually come through with at least one of them in the near future. Give me a reason to put my NEX away for a while and get re-acquainted with the A-850.

Regards,
    John