The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tip for using wireless triggers with the 7?

One downside to the EVF is that when shooting in manual mode stopped down in a dark scene, you loose the ability to see your subject in the EVF or on the LCD.

This situation is rectified when popping the built-in flash as there is a small mechanical switch in the flash housing that when released, tells the camera to "gain-up" the screens.

Problem is, when using the FA-HS1AM hotshoe adapter (the only one that works for me) with a wireless trigger, the flash cannot be released out of the housing. BUT, I found that with a little upwards gentle pressure on the left rear of the flash you can get it to move up and stick far enough so that the switch is released and the screens gain-up. And since, the flash is still pointed down in the housing, you don't need to cover it up.

This will work for me but If anyone knows of another less kludgy solution, please let us know. Really wish Sony would make this a menu option.

Thanks,
Chad

Disregard - per posts from Mazor and Doug, I'm a dumb#$% and should have read the manual. Turning off Live View Display setting effect does the trick. Thanks guys...

Last edited:

mazor

nice find,

but doing prolong shooting with the flash firing into confined space would possibly cause overheating?

Also but using the setting effect to off ,does that not keep the evf bright in low light situations?

douglasf13

Ha! I've never opened the manual, but I usually do scroll through every menu item on a new camera and see what it does...except for some jpeg features.