The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How to eliminate accidental videos: NEX 7

R

Rick Luther

To all whom it may concern,
After owning & enjoying a NEX7 for a few months, I became a bit annoyed at the placement of the "Video Record" button & the resultant "accidental movies", so I decided to do something about it. I designed a "fix" that worked for me & after listening to many similar complaints, I proceeded to produce & market this, imho,
elegant solution. I call it the "Guard". Our users seem to love it!
Thanks for asking,
Rick Luther

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Rick Luther was a delight to order from. The Guard arrived quickly. I have now installed it (simple installation). It really looks good and does the job and I recommend it. :thumbs:

R

Rick Luther

Remedy Reminder for NEX 7

The solution to "accidental" movies is getting rave reviews & is still available.
It's called the "Guard" & is being shipped all over the world for free (shipping, that is) Thanks guys & gals. Can't wait to offer new device for all NEX's. (4-5 wks)
Thanks again,
RLuther

Cindy...I love you!

N

nocavat

got my "guard " last week it really works, you have to intentionally press the button firmly to get the video on, worth the $20 i paid.:)
Finally a gentleman named Rick Luther has machined a add on part that totally eliminated accidental activation of the video button on the NEX 7. It installs under the rubber grip and fits inside the access hole to the video button creating a higher bezel.

Took me less than 2 minute to install and you really have to try to activate the video button for it to turn on and off. Problem solved for $20 USD....... life is good! ;)

Google "The Guard" or R Luther Company in NM USA ..... I got one and it works flawlessly.

douglasf13

I just received "The Guard," and, despite being a little expensive, it works great. I wish it was matte black, rather than silver, but I'm very happy with it.

hot

A little expensive? Ha-ha-ha! ROTFL.
Let's say: the price ($19.99) is tightly calculated, veeeeery tightly, hehehehe.

But if you are haaaappy, it's okay. :D

I am happy if I smell a wonderful flower ($ 0.00).

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
The man found a solution that made using this $1000 camera much more pleasant for me. I don't think paying him $20 is too much considering that he designed and manufactured it-- and mailed it to me on his dime. I did not know Rick Luther before JimDE brought this product to my attention, but it really does make my user experience more pleasant. If you don't want to use it, Hot, that is your call, but you don't have to make snide comments. They get very tiresome.

A little expensive? Ha-ha-ha! ROTFL.
Let's say: the price ($19.99) is tightly calculated, veeeeery tightly, hehehehe.

But if you are haaaappy, it's okay. :D

I am happy if I smell a wonderful flower ($ 0.00).

simonclivehughes

Cindy,

I finally resorted to setting up an Ignore list, something I've never felt justified in doing before, because of this guy and his offensive, derogatory and childish remarks. He appears to be incapable of not responding.

hot

The man found a solution that made using this $1000 camera much more pleasant for me. I don't think paying him $20 is too much considering that he designed :D and manufactured :D it-- and mailed it to me on his dime.
Sure, his solution is 100x better than these terrible Sugru solutions :( uglifying a nice camera.
But for not-learning-people-how-to-avoid-video-button I found pretty solutions for $ 0.10

monza

To each his own. We are all well-aware of your superior dexterity and learning ability; we've read all about it several times. :) The Luther solution is very OEM and elegant. The Sugru solution is less aesthetic (depends on the talent of the person applying it, I suppose) but in my case it offered additional grip.