The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cheapest wireless flash setup for the NEX-7

lattiboy

Hi all,

I picked up a Yongnuo YN-560 off ebay for a song along with this Minolta hot shoe adapter. It works great in manual mode on the NEX-7, but I'd like to do a bit of off camera flash action with this thing.

A few questions

1) Is that adapter "safe" to use on my NEX-7? I remember there were questions about firing manual flashes with some adapters.

2) What is the cheapest route I could go to wirelessly trigger the Yongnuo with the NEX-7? I'm not looking for TTL, just manual off camera flash. I realize the flash has the ability to be triggered, but will the pop-up on the NEX 7 do the job with a manual flash?

3) The 1/160th of a second thing doesn't apply to manual flash, right? That's only a TTL restriction?

Pardon my ignorance, I have almost no experience with flash since using my A900 a few years back, and that was all with Minolta/Sony HS flashes on TTL.

Also, are there any settings on the NEX I need have set?

thanks!

V

Vivek

I saw this since it was posted. You are, I am sorry to say, lazy to look through just a few pages of this forum and get all your answers. Come on, yourself.

lattiboy

I saw this since it was posted. You are, I am sorry to say, lazy to look through just a few pages of this forum and get all your answers. Come on, yourself.

Well, in the time it took you to write your witty message you could've just written a quick answer.

Lonnie Utah at least gave me the actual cheapest option in half the words it took you to be dismissive. It isn't like I'm some newb around here. Jeez.

V

Vivek

The time you took to post message #2 gave you is more than plenty to look through threads here to get your answers which are already here. Despite me pointing that out, you still have not showed any inclination to look them up.

What is more fascinating is that those threads are with the obvious titles! :rolleyes: