The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX-7 has an AA filter.

Taylor Sherman

Hi Vivek,

Were you able to get the camera back together? If so, would you please be so kind as to share with us the results? I know I'm not the only one who would like to know if this modification could potentially increase the resolution of the camera, or affect the corner problems with wide-angle lenses.

thanks,
Taylor

philber

Vivek, just so that you should know, the newly relased firmware does affect corner performance, as Sony says, even with alt lenses. I confirmed this with a ZM 18, where my usual CornerFix profile is now too strong. So I suggest, if you do put the camera back into operation, don't update the firmware at the same time.

V

Vivek

Folks, I appreciate all the interest but I have my limitations.

One of the clips that latches a cable broke and that has to be fixed before the camera can function. Since the surgery, I had been on vacation and back and have also many other commitments.

I do have another NEX-7 (now, updated with the new FW).

There are many things that could be experimented on:

1. NEX-7 with the enlarged light well (with all the others the same, including FW and AA).

2. NEX-7 with no AA and the original sensor housing.

3. NEX-7 with no AA and the modified sensor housing.

If and when I have time and everything is back to working order, I will certainly update this thread.

It has been a great learning experience for me and I promise to myself that whatever future mods, projects I have for my needs, I will never post it here.