The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX 6 specs

Pingang

To me the NEX-7 is the camera, or a back-up of a bigger camera, in my case a companion camera along with my EOS system.
I would tend to think the existing NEX-7 user if wanted a 2nd camera, may go for another NEX-7 because they cost might not vary that much.
To me the rumored and very possible NEX-6 is for newer buyer or a step up from the NEX-3/5.
The fact now it can accept apps (if rumors is true) would open up a new breed of camera, hopefully it is not only android.

BR,
Pingang

V

Vivek

It is never too late for Sony to issue a proper mirrorless camera. ;)

Instead of worrying about what Samsung do and follow in their foot steps, they ought to do their own and make versatile/useful cameras.

If the NEX-6 has an integrated EVF and a sensor similar to that of C3/5N, the NEX-7 will see even less action and will be almost forgotten.

N

numero

The latest rumour seems to imply that the NEX-6 will have phase detectors on the sensor and that the AF will be on par with the OMD. Will prob keep my 7 and 'test-run' the 6 .. if it really exists. :p

V

Vivek

Sony coming back to a standard hotshoe itself would make the 6 more useful and the color choices as in 7 would be over the top. ;)

Oh, yeah, AF could use some help. The 7 behaved stupidly with AF in 3 weeks of hot sunny conditions, focusing wherever it felt like. The 5N with manual focus lenses saw a whole lot more action, primarily for this reason.

Pingang

At present time, much of the images produced every day are from those camera / or phone without EVF - proves EVF is not necessary, it may be useful to some, many dislike them. Camera is not all about this and that award winning images, those were for people care them but the bulk of the world, taking simple strait forward images that relate to something they know is all they care, and camera maker produce what they need.
All the camera makers that faithfully listen to pros eventually became smaller, fight for their survival, if hey can make it at all.
Not that I am not shooting serious camera and subjects, of course I do and it is my profession and I do well with it. It is just that we need to know what happened, many user today in their lives have never use camera with VF so they don't care EVF, I don't see why you can't hoot with a camera 1 feet from your eyes, photography is as simple as compose and exposure, everything else is not necessary - although that could be inspiring, passion, fulfillment, exciting, whatever it is.
I like to see large format maker survive, I like to see 10 medium format maker survived, I like to see Contax back alive, but if maker decide Kodak should go and consumers who could help to buy Kodak products then they won't go. Kodak is gone as a result of reality!
Sometimes, professional needs to know they are small group of consumer, they don't get to make decision for camera maker!

BR,
Pingang

hot

For millions of people it makes no difference if without or with EVF - 10 millions of them make photos even with smartphones. Wrong, unclear, incorrect exposure ... if you are one of them, then it is okay.

But NOT ALL are so undemanding ....

philber

I have shots thousands of pics with a NEX 5N, and lamented the lack of a VF. Optical or electronic was not the issue, I wanted a VF for when the LCD was not "good enough, such as in intense sunlight.
Now I have a NEX 7, with a choice of VF or LCD, and I use the LCD probably 85% of the time. So, yes, the VF is a nice thing to have. But it doesn't make a bad camera or bad photographer into good ones, and the lack of it doesn't mean one can't take even what Hot calls "demanding pictures".

Last edited:
N

nex100

i wonder if the Nex 6 will have micro lenses like the 5N. If it works with wide angle rf lenses then perhaps I will downgrade my Nex 7 to it.

V

Vivek

Not sure about microlenses, however, if the F3 is an indication, the NEX-6 also can be expected to behave like the C3 and 5N.

With a hotshoe (hopefully a standard one) and an EVF, it would be an "upgrade" for me from the 7. :)

peterv

Oh, c'mon, perhaps it's just a kid trying to claim his/her 2 seconds of fame. Or a hard working employe in some Chinese or third world factory trying to make some extra money for his family.

Shashin

Well, I have never heard of a hard working employee that distributes company secrets. Sounds like the opposite for hard working to me, although I doubt he got paid. He certainly betrayed his coworkers. Yup, they should fire him. And I hope they do.

Shashin

Lonnie, I assume that is for me. It is nice to know that you are the kind of person that thinks better of himself than the people he works with. But playing the big shot on the internet with the all the ego gratification that that brings is much better than being loyal to those in your team, let alone the possible damage to the company. Loyalty, trust, and respect are overrated.

Still, I do hope they fire him. Then he can go on Oprah and tell his sad little tale.

Last edited:

hot

Still, I do hope they fire him. Then he can go on Oprah and tell his sad little tale.
HE is a SHE ... this pretty, black haired girl from WiFi Control Organisation!

Yeah ... you told THREE TIMES "his" firing ... perhaps someone should fire YOU ...

Shashin

HE is a SHE ... this pretty, black haired girl from WiFi Control Organisation!

Yeah ... you told THREE TIMES "his" firing ... perhaps someone should fire YOU ...
For what? Gender discrimination? Not really, as I think they should fire her too. Whether a man or a woman, they should lose their job.