The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX-7 with old lenses

Annna T

TT&H T-P Cooke Anastigmat 5 3/4" F4.5

I do really prefer this first picture to the next one. This one really catch my imagination, it want to tell a story. One about loneliness of olding ? The big coffee (?)mug on the long empty table works to that effect. You wonder what the life of this woman has been.. The portrait wakes up my empathy and makes me curious at the same time. I like it.

The next one is just a portrait.. Or may be it is just me preferring environmental portrait to more usual ones.

hakkalo

I do really prefer this first picture to the next one. This one really catch my imagination, it want to tell a story. One about loneliness of olding ? The big coffee (?)mug on the long empty table works to that effect. You wonder what the life of this woman has been.. The portrait wakes up my empathy and makes me curious at the same time. I like it.

The next one is just a portrait.. Or may be it is just me preferring environmental portrait to more usual ones.
Thank you for your comment.
Here is another shot using a wide angle lens.

P Angenieux 28mm F3.5 Type R11

tbhv55

Nice light, hakkalo - and a rather "dreamy" effect with that lens.

I'm guessing that's the Parade, with the Market House to the left...? :)

hakkalo

Nice light, hakkalo - and a rather "dreamy" effect with that lens.

I'm guessing that's the Parade, with the Market House to the left...? :)
Correct ;) It was last Sunday Christmas Street Fair in town.

Bausch & Lomb Baltar 40mm F2.3 ( 35mm movie lens)