The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A99 Rumors (Specs & Price)

iiiNelson

Saw this today. I am excited about the camera. I was hoping for a more competitive price (~$2500 or so.) With Nikon coming with both the D600 and the D800/800e popping up more frequently now, it seems like Sony needs to be more competitive in pricing structure IMO. Hopefully there are some new A-mount lenses to announce as well.

V

Vivek

I am watching this with interest. Sony going against Nikon who also use the same sensors but offer cameras at substantially lower prices.

iiiNelson

Yeah I will probably get one either way for a FF Sony body. The specs sound pretty nice on paper but I was hoping more for a $2500 price point or about $2800 with the battery grip. Hoping that the rumored Zeiss 50/1.2 is announced as well.

pegelli

Too early to get excited either way

- It's still a rumour
- stabilized street prices are always below intro price, sometimes a lot, sometimes less.

So time will tell what the real competitiveness is vs. other similar cameras.

iiiNelson

Too early to get excited either way

- It's still a rumour
- stabilized street prices are always below intro price, sometimes a lot, sometimes less.

So time will tell what the real competitiveness is vs. other similar cameras.
I agree. I'm hoping this is just a a rumor and not reality.