The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bag for NEX7 + 2 lenses?

Rawfa

Hi,

I´ve been using a small crumpler camera bag for my NEX5N. I usually take the NEX5N with the 16mm and a 23mm (or sometimes I replace one of these by a 50mm). Additionally I take like 3 extra batts, a cleaning cloth and extra sd cards. I´ve always felt the NEX5N fit a bit crammed in there. Now that I´ve got a significantly bigger NEX7 I want to get a bag that will allow me to fit all of this more comfortably. One key thing for me is that I ONLY use bags that don´t look like camera bags and I´d prefer a shoulder bag.

Anyway, suggestions will be welcome.

Last edited:

iiiNelson

I have this ONA Messenger bag that I use for my M9, iPad, and a couple extra lenses. They sell them at B&H or you can buy them direct from the site (well you could at least when I bought mine.) They're kind of expensive compared to some other bags but I love it for walking around locally and taking pictures. I also have this Tenba for traveling with the M9 and an M-mount adapted NEX body. It holds a lot of gear (2 mirrorless bodies, laptop or iPad, about 2-4 extra lenses if need be, chargers, accessories, memory cards, etc) and is more affordable. It also was one of the few backpack options I found that was more understated in plastering the logo all over the bag. There's a small Tenba logo in the middle and you see the logo on the zippers.

Jim DE

Rawfa, I use a small Sony built NEX backpack I got from Adorama. The bag is very well thought out and not much bigger than one of the hydration backpack rigs. I carry the NEX7 and 5, the 16mm with both add on lenses, the 18-55, the 55-210, and two ContaxG lenses along with singh-ray filters, backup batteries, cards , etc....

I am very happy with it and use it a lot when I what to ride my motorcycle and go to places to shoot.

simonclivehughes

Rawfa,

I just bought a second-hand Domke F-3X bag, and it’s just about the most perfect bag I’ve owned. Small, light weight, sturdy and unobtrusive, it holds both my NEX 7 bodies along with 6 lenses and various other bits and pieces! I sprayed it with water repellant (it’s canvas) and it’s one of the most comfortable bags I’ve had.

Rawfa

Miraculously I´ve found the Nat Geo 2344 selling really close to my work. I just got one. Since I´m still at work I haven´t been able to try it out yet, but it seems just THE right size and look for what I´m looking for.

Reynolds

Workshop Member
If you want "small" that doesn't look like a camera bag, check out the "camera" bags at CourierWare

Incognito Camera Bags

I had the mini first which handles the NEX 7 and two lenses. I just purchased the Extra Small...PERFECT...for the Nex 7, four lenses and room to spare! A great inconspicuous bag.

Rawfa

I´m really liking the Nat Geo bag but I have to say I was a bit disappointed that the outer compartment is not water sealed. The bag could also use a couple more zippers and pockets inside. Other then that it´s perfect for the NEX7 with the 16mm plus 2 lenses, batteries, sd cards, cloths and some other accessories.

On a non functional note, I find the map drawing inside the outer flap kind of cheesy.

R

rob925

I use a SwissGear Zinc messenger style bag that is grey and lightweight. It runs about $60. I can have two NEX cameras with lenses and one extra lens, or one camera/lens and two other lenses. There's one large zippered pocket and one outside pocket on the back side. BTW, it's very unobtrusive.

Rob

Shac

I use a Domke F-5XB RuggedWear Medium Shoulder and Belt Bag for my Nex-6, with 2 extra lenses plus a lot of small stuff. Find it excellent & will probably buy another for my M6 and lenses

HeavyDuty

If you want "small" that doesn't look like a camera bag, check out the "camera" bags at CourierWare

Incognito Camera Bags

I had the mini first which handles the NEX 7 and two lenses. I just purchased the Extra Small...PERFECT...for the Nex 7, four lenses and room to spare! A great inconspicuous bag.
I use one of Indian Hill Imagework's custom BBB-E bags made by Courierwear. It's a great size for my NEX-7, three or more lenses and my iPad.