Site Sponsors

Thread: Bag for NEX7 + 2 lenses?

Post Thanks / Like

Bag for NEX7 + 2 lenses?

Hi,

Ive been using a small crumpler camera bag for my NEX5N. I usually take the NEX5N with the 16mm and a 23mm (or sometimes I replace one of these by a 50mm). Additionally I take like 3 extra batts, a cleaning cloth and extra sd cards. Ive always felt the NEX5N fit a bit crammed in there. Now that Ive got a significantly bigger NEX7 I want to get a bag that will allow me to fit all of this more comfortably. One key thing for me is that I ONLY use bags that dont look like camera bags and Id prefer a shoulder bag.

Anyway, suggestions will be welcome.
    Last edited by Rawfa; 31st August 2012 at 13:39.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bag for NEX7 + 2 lenses?

I have this ONA Messenger bag that I use for my M9, iPad, and a couple extra lenses. They sell them at B&H or you can buy them direct from the site (well you could at least when I bought mine.) They're kind of expensive compared to some other bags but I love it for walking around locally and taking pictures. I also have this Tenba for traveling with the M9 and an M-mount adapted NEX body. It holds a lot of gear (2 mirrorless bodies, laptop or iPad, about 2-4 extra lenses if need be, chargers, accessories, memory cards, etc) and is more affordable. It also was one of the few backpack options I found that was more understated in plastering the logo all over the bag. There's a small Tenba logo in the middle and you see the logo on the zippers.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like

Rawfa, I use a small Sony built NEX backpack I got from Adorama. The bag is very well thought out and not much bigger than one of the hydration backpack rigs. I carry the NEX7 and 5, the 16mm with both add on lenses, the 18-55, the 55-210, and two ContaxG lenses along with singh-ray filters, backup batteries, cards , etc....

I am very happy with it and use it a lot when I what to ride my motorcycle and go to places to shoot.

Post Thanks / Like

Rawfa,

I just bought a second-hand Domke F-3X bag, and it’s just about the most perfect bag I’ve owned. Small, light weight, sturdy and unobtrusive, it holds both my NEX 7 bodies along with 6 lenses and various other bits and pieces! I sprayed it with water repellant (it’s canvas) and it’s one of the most comfortable bags I’ve had.

Post Thanks / Like

I was actually looking for something like a DOMKE F-5X but JUST a bit smaller.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that perhaps something like this could do the trick: ng2344 (2344;SMALL SHOULDER BAG NG 2344 - DV/HDV Camcorder | National Geographic).
    Did anyone ever try this?

Post Thanks / Like

Not unlike the member who uses an ONA bag, I use Hadley Camera Bags - Billingham. I've taken it to dozens of client meetings around the world, loaded with NEX and primes, with no-one the wiser.

Post Thanks / Like

Miraculously Ive found the Nat Geo 2344 selling really close to my work. I just got one. Since Im still at work I havent been able to try it out yet, but it seems just THE right size and look for what Im looking for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

If you want "small" that doesn't look like a camera bag, check out the "camera" bags at CourierWare

Incognito Camera Bags

I had the mini first which handles the NEX 7 and two lenses. I just purchased the Extra Small...PERFECT...for the Nex 7, four lenses and room to spare! A great inconspicuous bag.
    Best to all,

Reynolds

Post Thanks / Like

Im really liking the Nat Geo bag but I have to say I was a bit disappointed that the outer compartment is not water sealed. The bag could also use a couple more zippers and pockets inside. Other then that its perfect for the NEX7 with the 16mm plus 2 lenses, batteries, sd cards, cloths and some other accessories.

On a non functional note, I find the map drawing inside the outer flap kind of cheesy.

rob925

I use a SwissGear Zinc messenger style bag that is grey and lightweight. It runs about $60. I can have two NEX cameras with lenses and one extra lens, or one camera/lens and two other lenses. There's one large zippered pocket and one outside pocket on the back side. BTW, it's very unobtrusive.

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I use a Domke F-5XB RuggedWear Medium Shoulder and Belt Bag for my Nex-6, with 2 extra lenses plus a lot of small stuff. Find it excellent & will probably buy another for my M6 and lenses

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reynolds View Post
    If you want "small" that doesn't look like a camera bag, check out the "camera" bags at CourierWare

Incognito Camera Bags

I had the mini first which handles the NEX 7 and two lenses. I just purchased the Extra Small...PERFECT...for the Nex 7, four lenses and room to spare! A great inconspicuous bag.
    I use one of Indian Hill Imagework's custom BBB-E bags made by Courierwear. It's a great size for my NEX-7, three or more lenses and my iPad.
    ---
    Ken