The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Full frame NEX?

hot

Now first NEX fullframe comes :D

With 24 Mpixel, I hope there soon is an update for 4K or 8K extension.
FullHD (2 Mpixel) is an under challenge for 24 Mpixel camcorder. :p

hot

Europe € 799 ... hmm, I bought my NEX7 in January for € 1009 (with 3 years warranty).
NEX6 sure is a fascinnating camera too. The missing link NEX5 - NEX7 :)

douglasf13

The tough thing about the FF Nex video camera and any potential FF nex still camera is that they'll have to use either DSLR lenses or very large e-mount lenses, because the sensor is so relatively large compared to the mount and also very close to it, which causes clearance issues. There's a reason why the mounts of m4/3, eos M, Nex, etc. are oversized.

See here: Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens) - FM Forums

And here: Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens) - FM Forums

Michiel Schierbeek

I don't mind a little bigger NEX shaped camera with an A mount, although some zoom lenses will be oversized. But a few good primes will do for me.
I find some of these cameras a little to small anyway. Still you can't put them in your pocket, so why not half way in between the A99 and NEX-7 sizewise.

Michiel

hot

Each one has other ideas and visions. For ME NEX7 is perfect camera .. I waited 5 years for such a camera. Same for NEX6. NEX5 & Co. are not perfect - noooo viewer!

I am glad, SONY doesn't hear all these "wishes" - they never would come to completion of a camera

emr

Now first NEX fullframe comes...
An interesting release. A FF (video)camera with the NEX mount - considering that there are to my knowledge no native FF NEX mount lenses so far! But of course this is just the beginning and IMO shows that Sony has solid plans to release FF NEX lenses and still cameras in the future. Perhaps in not so far future.

hot

Sony unveils NEX-VG900 full-frame camcorder, VG30 APS-C model and 18-200 lens: Digital Photography Review

VG900 is delivered with adapter for ff lenses.

As an extra refinement, the NEX-VG900 camcorder switches automatically from full-frame operation to APS-C mode when an E-mount or A-mount DT lens is attached. This allows users to get the most out of their collection of lenses that are optimized for cameras with a smaller APS-C image sensor. The camcorder also comes supplied with the LA-EA3 adaptor that lets photographers use full-frame A-mount lenses at their designated focal length.