The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A99 is here!

MikalWGrass

Vivek, I don't really need a professional camera, but I guess for what I want I do.

Michiel, by next year do you mean 2013 or 2014?

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi Jono, I just said so myself in the Thoughts on mirrorless....thread post 75

That M does have it all, but I want an € alternative ... I mean I don't need the complicated rangefinder mechanics.

jonoslack

Hi Jono, I just said so myself in the Thoughts on mirrorless....thread post 75

That M does have it all, but I want an € alternative ... I mean I don't need the complicated rangefinder mechanics.
Hi Michiel
I didn't mean you had to subscribe to it (although, despite it's shortcomings, the complicated rangefinder is still the magic in the M).

On the other hand, I'm very interested in the A99 - dangerously interested!

jonoslack

I do still have them . . . and of course, if I got the A99 I would want that new 50 too. Still, it's a decision for next year, not this year. In the meantime the lenses stay.

MikalWGrass

I am posting some of the low light photos that I took yesterday morning at the Escape To Miami Triathlon, on the 850/900 keeper thread. All of the photos were taken at 6400 and close to wide open, if not wide open. None were really retouched, and the lighting is what it was. These are some pre-race shots. I will post others later today.

I want to apologize because I just looked at the data on the shots of the swimmers, and noticed that I shot them at 640 not 6400. I had plenty of latitude in the "film speed" so I had plenty of room to play in the "film speed" department.

etrigan63

Reviving this thread:

I will be at PhotoPlus at the end of the month as usual. I am trying to get a session with Sony for some "hands on time" with the A99. The combo of the A99 + Sony G 70-400 would be very nice for my ballet work (the 70-400 is already set for using the extra 102 PDET cells on the sensor) and the 24-70 zeiss for portrait work to start.

My wife loves the "look" of the images coming off Sony sensors so she may not be too hard to convince.

I also like the battery grip with two extra batteries set up to discharge in an intelligent manner.