Site Sponsors
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony RX1

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Sony RX1

Sony (NL) say that it will be available in mid November 2012 (DSC-RX1 | R-serie | Overzicht | DSCRX1.CEE8 | DSCRX1 | Sony)

Price (one shop) is 3099 Euros. After allowing for taxes, that still is 500 Euros more than the US price!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    It will not. The connections are very different to start with.
    But not impossible for the 5n evf to work on the rx1. From external appearance they look similar except for the interface connector. Maybe an adapter could be used to convert a 5n evf forbuse with rx1. Only issue I see with adapting as it makes the evf sit higher, and more connections could mean more flimsy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mazor View Post
    But not impossible for the 5n evf to work on the rx1. From external appearance they look similar except for the interface connector. Maybe an adapter could be used to convert a 5n evf forbuse with rx1. Only issue I see with adapting as it makes the evf sit higher, and more connections could mean more flimsy.
    Yeah, the 5N EVF already sticks up enough, and it isn't exactly the most sturdy thing in the world.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The actual size of the EVF (NEX-7), including the optics, is actually very small. It would be something if Sony use the same EVF for the RX1!

Better yet, if they would just get rid of the pop up flash and add the EVF in its place!!

Post Thanks / Like

The actual size of the EVF (NEX-7), including the optics, is actually very small. It would be something if Sony use the same EVF for the RX1!

Better yet, if they would just get rid of the pop up flash and add the EVF in its place!!

hey, you have given me an idea for the ultimate interchangeable accessory system.

Sony could design a recessed accessory port, whereby one can interchange the likes of the flush designed flash with a flush designed EVF. So from outside there is nothing protruding up past the top plate of the camera. If ricoh can make the sensor interchange, why not the flash and EVF eh. This does not mean they should omit the hot shoe, as that can be used primarily for larger flash strobes or a clip on microphone accessory.

Great call vivek

Post Thanks / Like

Just had a thought. If Sony were to release high quality adapters that allowed the 35 to be converted into a 50 and an 85 why would you need an ILC FF camera?

No idea if it's possible or not.
    Ben
    Perth, Australia

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I know that it is possible for Zeiss to make high quality adapters that will change the FL but will preserve aperture and other lens characteristics. Sony will churn out their video quality adapters in no time (they made some for the discontinued 16/2.8 E lens).

What is the point? Just make the NEX (E) mount cam- better.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that a fully interchangeable lens would be the most flexible solution, but I wonder which would give the smallest footprint?

For my usage the focal lengths I mentioned would have me covered.

Edit: Of course I expect the same quality I get from my ZMs
    Ben
    Perth, Australia

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sony (NL) say that it will be available in mid November 2012 (DSC-RX1 | R-serie | Overzicht | DSCRX1.CEE8 | DSCRX1 | Sony)

Price (one shop) is 3099 Euros. After allowing for taxes, that still is 500 Euros more than the US price!
    It gets even more interesting... see (has more information than anywhere that I could find):

http://www.sony-asia.com/corporate/r...inyourPalm.pdf

Will be available from October 2012 (Asia pacific region)!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by bcm View Post
    I agree that a fully interchangeable lens would be the most flexible solution, but I wonder which would give the smallest footprint?

For my usage the focal lengths I mentioned would have me covered.

Edit: Of course I expect the same quality I get from my ZMs
    Ben, The Zeiss add-ons I have in mind are huge and weigh >1/2 Kg (easily).

Post Thanks / Like

Mmm...that's not going to do the trick.....

Back to plan A: FF mirrorless ILC.
    Ben
    Perth, Australia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    +1

It really is the FF cousin to the X2, with a few more features thrown in (primarily the video). Wish it had the same control layout as the X2 but that's no biggie, really, as the A mode and direct access EV compensation is also good. It'll be a little more like using the GXR and a little less like using the X2 in that respect. Both are fine. I don't really need the video but as long as they didn't make the menus and such too complicated it won't get in the way.

The bigger question is whether it will actually improve upon the X2's performance in any significant way. I'm sure the lens is wonderful (so is the X2 lens), I'm sure the sensor is wonderful (so is the X2 sensor)—so it becomed "Will 50% more pixels and (theoretically) 2-3 stops more sensitivity net a practical advantage worth the additional $1000?"

I love this type of camera, however: I've decided that I'll most likely have to give it a try. I'll wait a while and see if I have the spare sheckles around after Lightroom can process RX1 raw files.
    +1

Seems to be a really interesting concept. Although I would have preferred a ILC, that could take with adapters r and M glass.

But time will tell what comes and for a start the RX1 looks already pretty appealing.

As I did so far not spend my money on the X2, which I real think is a beautiful and capable camera, the RX1 might be an even better solution.

And finally I actually preferred always in most cases the Zeiss rendering compared to the Leica rendering.

Will give this one definitely a try!

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I am in the minority here, it seems, in thinking that what Sony have done is awesome. I have migrated from my DSLR (5DII) to DSLR-and-NEX, and discovered the joy of having a take-it-everywhere-all-the-time camera. I have now become a NEX-only shooter, because the few things my 5DIII cum Zeiss did better than my NEX 7 cum Leica did not offset the huge difference in portability. The RX-1 promises (it remains to be seen whether it delivers, but the early pictures are mouth watering) to combine both. Fantastically compact system, and formidable IQ. The price is high, but not extortionate actually when you compare it to a NE 7 cum ZM 35 f:2.0. The premium for the RX 1 seems to be of the order of 1000-1200$, which is pretty much the same order of magnitude when you compare a APS-C DSLR to its FF sibling.
    And when you think that many Leica M shooters do it primarily because it is compact and light relative to a high-end DSLR, that shows you that there is a market for premium compact cameras, either as a primary system or a back-up for a Leica.
    Oh, and did I say that my pre-order was in?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Philber, you are not alone. The camera is sort of top ranked in the pre-order ranking.
    It certainly is a very interesting camera and the price is understandable at this point.
    The restriction of having only one focal lenghts at your service can even be an advantage to creativity.

My hope is that there will be an interchangable mirrorless FF camera on the horizon.

Michiel

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Now the site says: In winkels leverbaar medio september 2012

It is already here???

Post Thanks / Like

Philber when you do get your RX1 I'd very grateful if you could trial the zoom capability of the camera. Apparently it is possible to use a per pixel zoom function to provide an effective focal length range of 35 - 70 mm.
    Ben
    Perth, Australia

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by philber View Post
    OK, I am in the minority here, it seems, in thinking that what Sony have done is awesome.
    +1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin_Bargate View Post
    I'd still want to see a comparison with the Sigma DP2 Merrill. I know I have gone on about how good the DP2M is on another thread, but it really is shockingly, mind alteringly good - at Low ISO. Love the look of the Sony, but the lens and overal performance are going to have to be something else to justify the price. Probably will have stellar high ISO performance, which would be a bonus. Odd camera though for that money. and as for the lens - well Sigma have produced a belter on the DP2 Merril, just because it has Zeiss in the name does not necessarily mean the RX1 lens will be any better.
    Probably stellar high iso performance? I think that's a given :-) A bonus? A necessity for some of us who do low light available work.

The DP2M lens is better? How do we know this already? The RX1 lens is F2.0, one full stop faster. Would be interesting to compare at F2.8 (which is what the Sigma has) including bokeh/fringing. I finally used the DP2M this weekend, and I agree the lens in the DP2M is superb. But I don't know why the Sony lens is already known to be less than that, without the camera out.

The DR of the Sony will sure be better (the K-5 DR is definitively better than the DP2M's by a notable margin). I noticed the DP2M has rather poor shadow recovery- you get color casts fast and a lot of monochromatic detail (which is a good strategy to do vs giving you full color constancy). This from ISO 100/200 recoveries- the K-5 has none of those problems. The RX1 sensor will perform even better than the K-5- one of the things Sony mentions in their brochure is better DR by a significant amount over the A900s sensor.

Even at ISO 200 I saw a couple of issues and for some reason the files don't convert as easy as the DP2. The hyper detail has to be treated with care- like people who do HDR or the photograph is not as good due to the super pointilization of detail "calling attention" in a way that looks very digital, not like film. But that can be dealt with, with care and varies per subject.

On the usability, the RX1 will respond faster, focus faster (particularly lower light), longer battery (1 sony battery will be like 3-4 Sigma batteries!). Those little details can add up depending what you are shooting.

It seems to me that while the DP2M will operate superb in the ISO 100/200 full spectrum light situations, the RX1 will operate superb in a far wider range of conditions. After all you can also print walls of a landscape if you want from 24 MP, even if the DP2M would still allow you to print that extra inch or two. While the Sony will allow you to take a full wedding from daylight to reception in the dark at night without much problem.

I am not even touching video here, but the ever growing interest in professional photographers that have clients that want video, could also see a benefit here.

Of course, the RX1 is much more expensive, which puts a nice (wide) gap between the two. If the Rx1 was even $300 more expensive than the DP2M, I would see the DP2M a hard sell, except for the day landscape photographers.

- Raist

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen some DP2M pictures. While definition and detail seem to be staggering, colours looked awful. If people walked the streets looking like these pics, it would be a scene from "the walking dead". I wonder whether that can be cured in post ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by philber View Post
    I have seen some DP2M pictures. While definition and detail seem to be staggering, colours looked awful. If people walked the streets looking like these pics, it would be a scene from "the walking dead". I wonder whether that can be cured in post ...
    To some degree I agree with you but looks like the issue has to be dealt with careful exposure and post processing. Something in the post processing of SPP almost makes it seem as if it had a Lightroom Clarify slider "cranked up" a bit.

I think this will improve over time with SPP. The thing is, I don't recall having this issue so easily with my DP2. I am still inclined to think it's an SPP issue, though maybe affected by the color noise of the new Foveon. That said I have seen several shots where it looks pretty good and what I expected.

- Raist

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Post Thanks / Like

I think the closest comparison the RX1 in terms of IQ will be the Canon 5D Mark III, with similar MP FF sensor. Canon's own excellent 35mm f/1.4 by f/2 will perform very close, something I could live with with smaller form factor.

DP2M comparisons are just off the table for me. Not even an Apples to Oranges one. The Foveon sensor is a whole other thing and would require a lot of investment to bring it to the table, I think very little touches in terms of raw detail and color information with very limiting application. However, as a parallel I would love for Sigma to keep seeing through the potential of this type of sensor since they have started, but not be so narrow minded with the costs at this point. Few people would invest in their business. Fuji is another company realizing ASPS-C sensor technology into the market successfully comparing close to full frame. I love to see the same business strategies from Sigma, I think the Foveon will flourish!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I was initially very interested in the RX1. It's sort of my one camera - one lens dream, like the Rollei 35S was in a prior era. Problem is that it's almost the same as the Leica X2 ... same field of view, same one camera-one lens dream ... and I already have the X2. I like the X2 control layout more than the Sony. My primary reservation though: I wondered just how much better the RX1's image qualities might be, I'm pretty happy with what I'm getting out of the X2.

However, now that I see the new Leica M, I know for a fact that I'll not be buying the RX1. I'll stick with the X2 as my compact camera, and put the money I'd have put into the RX1 into the M. That's about half the cost of the body ... and I've already got all the lenses I need for it.

Such it is. ;-)
    Last edited by Godfrey; 19th September 2012 at 12:22.
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    I was initially very interested in the RX1. It's sort of my one camera - one lens dream. Problem is that it's almost the same as the Leica X2 ... same field of view, same one camera-one lens dream ... and I already have the X2. I like the X2 control layout more than the Sony. My primary reservation though: I wondered just how much better the RX1's image qualities might be, I'm pretty happy with what I'm getting out of the X2.

However, now that I see the new Leica M, I know for a fact that I'll not be buying the RX1. I'll stick with the X2 as my compact camera, and put the money I'd have put into the RX1 into the M. That's about half the cost of the body ... and I've already got all the lenses I need for it.

Such it is. ;-)
    I do not have the X2, but after the M was announced, I had similar considerations, as I kept all my M glass which now will be the perfect solution on the M of course.

Actually have waited for something like the new M since the M8 - skipped the M9 and saved lots of money :-)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    I do not have the X2, but after the M was announced, I had similar considerations, as I kept all my M glass which now will be the perfect solution on the M of course.

Actually have waited for something like the new M since the M8 - skipped the M9 and saved lots of money :-)
    I skipped the M8, have the M9 ... so I saved a similar amount of money. Maybe I'll keep both.

It's funny how this has all worked out. In 2001, I thought a digital F3 with a 4000x6000 pixel resolution, 35mm size sensor, storage for 1000 exposures and a battery to make it last long enough would do the job. I thought the Leica M was likely dead as it would be impossible to make a decent sensor for the RF lenses. I figured the F3 with MD4 was the baseline for that setup in size, and that there would never been anything like the Rollei 35S ...

Now we have that but it's the M that does it, works with both my RF and SLR lenses. And it's smaller than an F3 digital with MD4 (although not by all that much...). And the X2 or RX1 are very close to what I like about the 35S in being simple, pocketable, etc, and large sensor.

Pretty amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Three things spring to mind that the RX1 will have over the X2: the RX1 has a faster lens on a full frame, so if that sort of DOF advantage is worth it to you there's some gain there, and then higher ISO advantage. 35mm will really be 35mm on the full frame sensor.

Other things will be more subjective, but I bet the RX1 will be more responsive as a whole, and I hope in particular the AF.

Post Thanks / Like

is the Rx1 and X2 similar sized?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice size comparison, but I think they got it pretty wrong with the 780g weight of the RX1.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well spotted!

The actual weight of RX1 is 453g.

With battery, it is 482g.

[Source: Sony.nl]

Post Thanks / Like

wow ,thanks Vivek for that info! it seems that the RX1 is indeed a very good contender against the X2. Go Sony

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here are some weights:

NEX-5n + E 24/1.8 +battery = 480g

NEX-7 + Hawk adapter+ W-Nikkor-C 2.5cm f/4 +battery = 520g

Nex-5n + Hawk adapter+ W-Nikkor-C 2.5cm f/4 +battery = 420g

What a pity the RX1 does not have a tilt LCD or an EVF in place of the pop-up flash!

Post Thanks / Like

What a pity the RX1 does not have a tilt LCD or an EVF in place of the pop-up flash!
    +1

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Vivek.

They're rather differently shaped ... the X2 is longer and thicker in the body, the RX1 lens protrudes much more. Can't say 'til I handle one, but the X2 is already on the verge of being a little small in my hands ... works best with the A&A half case fitted for me; the RX1 might be a little too small for my druthers.

Three things spring to mind that the RX1 will have over the X2: the RX1 has a faster lens on a full frame, so if that sort of DOF advantage is worth it to you there's some gain there, and then higher ISO advantage. 35mm will really be 35mm on the full frame sensor.

Other things will be more subjective, but I bet the RX1 will be more responsive as a whole, and I hope in particular the AF.
    1) The FoV on both is about the same.

2) I most often zone focus the X2 with an aperture set around f/8 ... with a wide-normal FoV like this, I'm only rarely trying to get a shallow DoF.

3) It's possible the RX1 might be a little more responsive ... That's another thing impossible to say until you have one in your hand to compare against. The X2 (particularly the way I use it most of the time) is pretty responsive already. When I am going for critical focus at wide open aperture, I'm usually using the EVF and responsiveness is fine.

But the points are irrelevant. My point was that now that I see the new M, I will most likely use the money I might have spent on the RX1 for that, and the X2 is close enough in intent and practice, and good enough quality on all fronts, to satisfy me already.

I'm pretty happy with the X2's sensitivity and noise quality too. See https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25268645/x2-noise/index.html for my Leica X2 noise test... :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some weights:

NEX-5n + E 24/1.8 +battery = 480g

NEX-7 + Hawk adapter+ W-Nikkor-C 2.5cm f/4 +battery = 520g

Nex-5n + Hawk adapter+ W-Nikkor-C 2.5cm f/4 +battery = 420g

hehe 5n pretty good weights and size makes me happy to be a 5n user

vivian dilberd

A foliage shutter is excellent. Beside being silent would allow for very great display synchronize shutter connections. However, with the EVF slot and the display shoes in one position, it is 50 percent cooked at best.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

After selling my M8 with primes I’ve missed a more portable option with the M quality. I also tried Leica’s (Lumix) offering but it was tedious so I sold it and moved into the A900 w/Zeiss. Love the combo but not for anything other than very deliberate shooting.

Yes, the RX1 price is significant but I actually worry more about the ergonomics. Seemingly, it will be nose heavy by design and the ‘ThumbsUp’ and Hood will be more of a requirement than an option. Likewise, I can't see using this thing' in any reasonable fashion without a VF so up goes the acquisition costs. With all this tallied up, who wouldn’t want it protected in the case/jacket.

Based on my own experience I suspect they’ll be a lot of pre-orders and subsequent cancellations before the item actually ships.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 25th September 2012 at 11:42.

Post Thanks / Like

After selling my M8 I was really looking for a replacement - and the M9 although a great camera and better in all aspects than the M8 was not ringing the bell in me.

But the new Leica M does. Would this have been the follow on model of the M8 I would have bought it right away. But as it was not I am glad I waited for more 3 years - YES on can also learn to wait and I am PROUD of me having done so - and now will get the new Leica M.

Waiting is over, strolling around is over and I am HOME again!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm still kicking myself for selling my 28-cron, 50-lux and 21-Elmerit. The 50 and 21 were hard chrome (coded) and that hurts even more! There is no way I will open those wounds again and my Leica days are ‘hopefully’ over. I also didn’t much care for the president of the company and yes, that counts in my book. Even so, I do like the 'M' and I would otherwise be all over that thing' had I retained my lens set.

As far as the RX1 goes, I remain interested and if it were available today I would likely have already ordered it. Not sure if I will feel the same way by late December after already returning from vacation. Coin flipping in process...
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 26th September 2012 at 10:18. Reason: added content

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have one on order. Can always cancel if the reviews don't support the price plus a 30 day return priviledge. I'm not sure how the availability date changed from mid November to mid December unless the mid November date was an Asia only date. In any case, I expect reviewers will have a copy before then so we should know more.

To me the M is a ho-hum camera. While there are times I like MF, most of the time I want really fast AF and M doesn't have it. If I am going to use an EVF, I want fast refresh rate and 30fps doesn't cut it. On IQ, I'm sure Leica will work hard to develop good imaging processing but a company's newly developed CMOS sensor is really high risk, especially that it will out perform the sensor from companies with years of experience and expertise. Fortunately for Leica, many Leica owners will see IQ that isn't there but must be or it wouldn't cost so much so they see it. Full disclosure, I bit once and purchased the M8 and lenses. Not the kind of diference I used to see in film days. Looking at Luminous Landscapes side by side comparison shots of the Sigma DP2 Merrill and several cameras including the M9 and only a biased individual could claim that the flat looking M9 image was as good or even nearly as good as the sharp and nearly 3 dimensional DP2M image. Just look at the light bulbs where it is clearly evident.
    V/r John

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by barjohn View Post
    Looking at Luminous Landscapes side by side comparison shots of the Sigma DP2 Merrill and several cameras including the M9 and only a biased individual could claim that the flat looking M9 image was as good or even nearly as good as the sharp and nearly 3 dimensional DP2M image. Just look at the light bulbs where it is clearly evident.
    You mean the fuzzy our of focus image from the Merrill looks better than the fuzzy out of focus image from the M9? I think anyone claiming that they can make any kind of definite judgement of either of the images has a bias.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Really? They were both shot at f8 at 1/90 and 1/100 sec. I can see a clear difference and not just in that image but in the other exaples too. I don't own a DP2M and I probably won't ever own one despite the superior image quality. Michael is a big Leica fan and I trust that when he says it is nearly as good as an MF camera image he knows what he is talking about. I just couldn't tolerate the slow focus and performance of the camera as implimented by Sigma. I just hope the RX-1 produces images that are close to what I see in both LL's samples and in other samples I have seen of DP2M images.
    V/r John

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I didn't think the Merrill/M9 images were very good as they are both soft. They are different. But hard to say which is better. The other examples seem to be more illustrative of the difference. But one things is unclear, while I think the Foveon sensor is special, it does not seem to have as much DR and I wonder if that added contrast is helping the appearance of the images and whether more contrast in the Bayer images would bring them closer. But the Merrill is a special camera.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Not sure if this is legit/real but there is one on sale:

Sony DSC-RX1/B Cybershot Full-frame Digital Camera

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Not sure if this is legit/real but there is one on sale:

Sony DSC-RX1/B Cybershot Full-frame Digital Camera
    I smell something fishy. That is not normal protocol for a camera company. They do not send out samples to give to distributers as gifts--and distributers do not test to see if they want to sell. Nor do they send out camera they have not let anyone use including reviewers with incomplete firmware.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishy indeed but someone will likely fall for it.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 28th September 2012 at 13:09.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Specs changed (minor) even before the camera is out:

RX1 specs changed, E-M5 firmware released. | Mirrorless Rumors

Still no EVF in place of the ridiculous pop-up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by raist3d View Post
    Even at ISO 200 I saw a couple of issues and for some reason the files don't convert as easy as the DP2. The hyper detail has to be treated with care- like people who do HDR or the photograph is not as good due to the super pointilization of detail "calling attention" in a way that looks very digital, not like film. But that can be dealt with, with care and varies per subject.

- Raist
    I've been lurking over at the DP2M thread and I share this thought. Some shots do indeed look fantastic and I think it takes a certain type of subject to make the camera really shine, but overall, the images strike me as hyper-real, not a look I enjoy - especially on people.

Look around you, your eye does not see the way this camera renders, not even close. But I understand why some people like it, just like some like HDR, and I would never belittle that.

And I do seem to genuinely like the DP1M files as they don't appear to be quite so "hyper" and look a bit more like the scanned negatives from a Ricoh GR1 - excellent! Seriously thinking about picking one of those up and selling my Ricoh.

Anyway, the RX1 is clearly a different beast and I don't think it fair to compare the cameras in any way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Agree with all that, SP. I did some staring at two comapro images last night as the Merrill look is something that will require some thought and analysis, and experience with, perhaps. One was from a NEX7 + 24/1.8 CZ the other the eq. Merrill scales up by Quentin from memory.

Colour is just not as well presented in many Merrill images, and colour tonality looks 'odd', sorry for the lack of definition in my remarks at this stage. I had the distinct feeling - on seeing the ultra definition of the Merrill image - that what I wanted was a higher res version of the CZ image, some careful post work perhaps. Such was the more photographic look of the CZ lens, much more preferable to me.

This got me thinking that these spectacular things are a grand each for a kludgy camera you have to 'work with' on several large fronts. I think they might give Sony in particular and Canon as well, a kick along to introduce higher Mp Bayer cameras, to take full advantage of the better lens at present, plus the coming Zeiss series - CZ must have been in touch with Canon at the very least on their near term plans.

And a 36Mp Sony DSLR at the very least with downplayed video, and perhaps a higher Mp RX1, might be the result sooner rather than later. Pre orders for the A99 are not going well, from my reading. I wonder why...not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by bcm View Post
    Just had a thought. If Sony were to release high quality adapters that allowed the 35 to be converted into a 50 and an 85 why would you need an ILC FF camera?

No idea if it's possible or not.
    That's my wish, or a small zoom like the RX100. This avoid dust on the sensor.
    But my first wish would be to cut the price in two