The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

V

Vivek

Habbelsad is offering a new and improved version of the NEX-7 in their "Lunar".

Less work and more money for Sony.

hot

Join our "SonyFixYourNex7Firmware" Page on Facebook!
Show your support and show Sony that something needs to be done!
Post your firmware suggestions, issues/problems and help build the community!
Ohhh god ... the facebook sect again! :loco:
I have NO suggestions, I have NO problems, I have NO issues with NEX7.
For me it is a PERFECT camera - GO OUT AND MAKE PHOTOS & don't scream! :grin:

Joining FaceBook? ... I am NOT a lemming!

simonclivehughes

Hot, you seem to delight in posting that everyone but you is an idiot if they have any problems with something (no matter what it is).

You are becoming a colossal bore. Give it a rest! :deadhorse:

V

Vivek

I agree with, Hot (on the facebook part). I am amazed that someone would register here just to canvass for Facebook.

simonclivehughes

I agree with, Hot (on the facebook part). I am amazed that someone would register here just to canvass for Facebook.
Vivek, to me that is neither here nor there... if it gets Sony's attention, I applaud the effort.

What I take umbrage to is Hot/Knalberto's consistent, insistent, ad nauseum approach to replying so insultingly to anyone whom he disagrees with:

I have NO suggestions, I have NO problems, I have NO issues with NEX7.
For me it is a PERFECT camera - GO OUT AND MAKE PHOTOS & don't scream!
Judging from other respondents to him, here and in other fora, I'm not alone. I would rather not ignore a fellow poster as he does sometimes have very good input, but the noise-to-signal ratio is beginning to out weigh any benefit.

Over and out.

hot

You forget/forgot:

Sony ist NOT obliged for ANY update!

If someone thinks, NEX7 is wrong camera for him, he should sell it and buy the wonder camera of his heart (HelloKittyCam? Pink! )

(facebook) mass hysteria is not the right way to show someone cannot handle his camera.

V

Vivek

Vivek, to me that is neither here nor there... if it gets Sony's attention, I applaud the effort.

What I take umbrage to is Hot/Knalberto's consistent, insistent, ad nauseum approach to replying so insultingly to anyone whom he disagrees with:

Judging from other respondents to him, here and in other fora, I'm not alone. I would rather not ignore a fellow poster as he does sometimes have very good input, but the noise-to-signal ratio is beginning to out weigh any benefit.

Over and out.
Simon,

Sony will not issue any FW updates, regardless of any complaints. They will just come up with a new camera. Just look at their product line.

The NEX-6 has all the improvements sought in the 7 and offers a bit more (for less $), IMO.

Hot contributes more positively than many others, again, IMO.

douglasf13

Sony has released several firmware updates for DSLRs and NEX cameras in the past, and some of them were certainly due to user complaints. Sony has traditionally released several updates for 7 and 9 level cameras, and they were more than just bug fixes. I think the facebook thing is a good idea.

As for "hot," also known as knalberto on dpreview, well, I'll just say that I believe he's the only user that I proactively block in that forum. I'm not sure how to do it on this forum.

hot

I think the facebook thing is a good idea.
That's YOUR opinion, that's okay - FOR YOU.
But NOT FOR ME.

I don't cry "Mummy, mummy, Sony makes no update" --- running to Mr.FaceBook "... if we are 10.000.000s, then Sony bends knees and we will get 999 updates!"

Some people believe if the are loud, loud, loud crying Sony gets frightened ...

douglasf13

That's YOUR opinion, that's okay - FOR YOU.
But NOT FOR ME.

I don't cry "Mummy, mummy, Sony makes no update" --- running to Mr.FaceBook "... if we are 10.000.000s, then Sony bends knees and we will get 999 updates!"

Some people believe if the are loud, loud, loud crying Sony gets frightened ...
I didn't say it was ok for you. My opinion about you is simply that you seem aggressive and impolite, which makes some forum members, like myself, ignore your posts.

bcm

Douglas the setting you're looking for is in the User CP under "Settings and Options" then "Edit Ignore List". Type in the name of the user you want to ignore. Make sure to hit "Save Changes"

douglasf13

Douglas the setting you're looking for is in the User CP under "Settings and Options" then "Edit Ignore List". Type in the name of the user you want to ignore. Make sure to hit "Save Changes"
Ah ha! Thanks. These threads suddenly became a lot "cooler" and more tolerable. :thumbs:

philber

Just as I don't get as excited as Hot does, I don't get excited by his posts either. This is just an Internet forum, let's chill out!
As to NEX 7 firmware update, my guess is that that camera, which gives me sterling service, is nearing the end of its commercial life anyhow, and that there will soon be a replacement.

douglasf13

Just as I don't get as excited as Hot does, I don't get excited by his posts either. This is just an Internet forum, let's chill out!
As to NEX 7 firmware update, my guess is that that camera, which gives me sterling service, is nearing the end of its commercial life anyhow, and that there will soon be a replacement.
We'll see. With DSLR/SLT, Sony has a history of replacing 7 and 9 series cameras every few years, and the lower models get yearly updates.

hot

Ah ha! Thanks. These threads suddenly became a lot "cooler" and more tolerable.
Hehe, I NEVER-NEVER-NEVER let PC ignore ANY user. I do not need any ignore button.

Iiiiii decide, not a machine!

I say MY opinion, if someone's opinion is not mine ... voila ... read next ...

Ignore buttons are for untolerant guys ...

L

legalBum

We'll see. With DSLR/SLT, Sony has a history of replacing 7 and 9 series cameras every few years, and the lower models get yearly updates.
I agree 100 % with you Douglas. I don't feel Sony will issue a firmware update for the Nex-7. If they do, I feel it will only be to fix any compatibility issues with the new Sony lens coming out. I have some issues with the Nex-7, but nothing so overwhelming that I can't work around them. I have had my camera for almost a year and have gotten pretty much used to any glitches I may think it has. I hit the record button once in a while, but now I just laugh it off. If Sony comes out with a Nex-9 or whatever number, I'll just trade in the Nex-7, and I'll have something new to complain about. But yes, I'm not holding my breath either waiting for an update.
Max