Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

  1. #1
    chefalex
    Guest

    NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

    Join our "SonyFixYourNex7Firmware" Page on Facebook!

    https://www.facebook.com/SonyFixYourNex7Firmware

    Show your support and show Sony that something needs to be done!

    Post your firmware suggestions, issues/problems and help build the community!

  2. #2
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

    Habbelsad is offering a new and improved version of the NEX-7 in their "Lunar".

    Less work and more money for Sony.

  3. #3
    Senior Member hot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    2,170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

    Quote Originally Posted by chefalex View Post
    Join our "SonyFixYourNex7Firmware" Page on Facebook!
    Show your support and show Sony that something needs to be done!
    Post your firmware suggestions, issues/problems and help build the community!
    Ohhh god ... the facebook sect again!
    I have NO suggestions, I have NO problems, I have NO issues with NEX7.
    For me it is a PERFECT camera - GO OUT AND MAKE PHOTOS & don't scream!

    Joining FaceBook? ... I am NOT a lemming!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  4. #4
    Senior Member simonclivehughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

    Hot, you seem to delight in posting that everyone but you is an idiot if they have any problems with something (no matter what it is).

    You are becoming a colossal bore. Give it a rest!

  5. #5
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

    I agree with, Hot (on the facebook part). I am amazed that someone would register here just to canvass for Facebook.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #6
    Senior Member simonclivehughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    I agree with, Hot (on the facebook part). I am amazed that someone would register here just to canvass for Facebook.
    Vivek, to me that is neither here nor there... if it gets Sony's attention, I applaud the effort.

    What I take umbrage to is Hot/Knalberto's consistent, insistent, ad nauseum approach to replying so insultingly to anyone whom he disagrees with:

    Quote Originally Posted by hot View Post
    I have NO suggestions, I have NO problems, I have NO issues with NEX7.
    For me it is a PERFECT camera - GO OUT AND MAKE PHOTOS & don't scream!
    Judging from other respondents to him, here and in other fora, I'm not alone. I would rather not ignore a fellow poster as he does sometimes have very good input, but the noise-to-signal ratio is beginning to out weigh any benefit.

    Over and out.

  7. #7
    Senior Member hot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    2,170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

    You forget/forgot:

    Sony ist NOT obliged for ANY update!

    If someone thinks, NEX7 is wrong camera for him, he should sell it and buy the wonder camera of his heart (HelloKittyCam? Pink! )

    (facebook) mass hysteria is not the right way to show someone cannot handle his camera.

  8. #8
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

    Quote Originally Posted by simonclivehughes View Post
    Vivek, to me that is neither here nor there... if it gets Sony's attention, I applaud the effort.

    What I take umbrage to is Hot/Knalberto's consistent, insistent, ad nauseum approach to replying so insultingly to anyone whom he disagrees with:



    Judging from other respondents to him, here and in other fora, I'm not alone. I would rather not ignore a fellow poster as he does sometimes have very good input, but the noise-to-signal ratio is beginning to out weigh any benefit.

    Over and out.
    Simon,

    Sony will not issue any FW updates, regardless of any complaints. They will just come up with a new camera. Just look at their product line.

    The NEX-6 has all the improvements sought in the 7 and offers a bit more (for less $), IMO.

    Hot contributes more positively than many others, again, IMO.

  9. #9
    Senior Member simonclivehughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

    Quote Originally Posted by hot View Post
    ... he should sell it and buy the wonder camera of his heart (HelloKittyCam? Pink! )
    I rest my case.

  10. #10
    Senior Member douglasf13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA
    Posts
    1,965
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

    Sony has released several firmware updates for DSLRs and NEX cameras in the past, and some of them were certainly due to user complaints. Sony has traditionally released several updates for 7 and 9 level cameras, and they were more than just bug fixes. I think the facebook thing is a good idea.

    As for "hot," also known as knalberto on dpreview, well, I'll just say that I believe he's the only user that I proactively block in that forum. I'm not sure how to do it on this forum.

  11. #11
    Senior Member hot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    2,170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

    Quote Originally Posted by douglasf13 View Post
    I think the facebook thing is a good idea.
    That's YOUR opinion, that's okay - FOR YOU.
    But NOT FOR ME.

    I don't cry "Mummy, mummy, Sony makes no update" --- running to Mr.FaceBook "... if we are 10.000.000s, then Sony bends knees and we will get 999 updates!"

    Some people believe if the are loud, loud, loud crying Sony gets frightened ...

  12. #12
    Senior Member douglasf13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA
    Posts
    1,965
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

    Quote Originally Posted by hot View Post
    That's YOUR opinion, that's okay - FOR YOU.
    But NOT FOR ME.

    I don't cry "Mummy, mummy, Sony makes no update" --- running to Mr.FaceBook "... if we are 10.000.000s, then Sony bends knees and we will get 999 updates!"

    Some people believe if the are loud, loud, loud crying Sony gets frightened ...
    I didn't say it was ok for you. My opinion about you is simply that you seem aggressive and impolite, which makes some forum members, like myself, ignore your posts.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    115
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

    Douglas the setting you're looking for is in the User CP under "Settings and Options" then "Edit Ignore List". Type in the name of the user you want to ignore. Make sure to hit "Save Changes"
    Ben
    Perth, Australia
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  14. #14
    Senior Member douglasf13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA
    Posts
    1,965
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

    Quote Originally Posted by bcm View Post
    Douglas the setting you're looking for is in the User CP under "Settings and Options" then "Edit Ignore List". Type in the name of the user you want to ignore. Make sure to hit "Save Changes"
    Ah ha! Thanks. These threads suddenly became a lot "cooler" and more tolerable.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

    Just as I don't get as excited as Hot does, I don't get excited by his posts either. This is just an Internet forum, let's chill out!
    As to NEX 7 firmware update, my guess is that that camera, which gives me sterling service, is nearing the end of its commercial life anyhow, and that there will soon be a replacement.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  16. #16
    Senior Member douglasf13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA
    Posts
    1,965
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

    Quote Originally Posted by philber View Post
    Just as I don't get as excited as Hot does, I don't get excited by his posts either. This is just an Internet forum, let's chill out!
    As to NEX 7 firmware update, my guess is that that camera, which gives me sterling service, is nearing the end of its commercial life anyhow, and that there will soon be a replacement.
    We'll see. With DSLR/SLT, Sony has a history of replacing 7 and 9 series cameras every few years, and the lower models get yearly updates.

  17. #17
    Senior Member hot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    2,170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

    Quote Originally Posted by douglasf13 View Post
    Ah ha! Thanks. These threads suddenly became a lot "cooler" and more tolerable.
    Hehe, I NEVER-NEVER-NEVER let PC ignore ANY user. I do not need any ignore button.

    Iiiiii decide, not a machine!

    I say MY opinion, if someone's opinion is not mine ... voila ... read next ...

    Ignore buttons are for untolerant guys ...

  18. #18
    legalBum
    Guest

    Re: NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

    Quote Originally Posted by douglasf13 View Post
    We'll see. With DSLR/SLT, Sony has a history of replacing 7 and 9 series cameras every few years, and the lower models get yearly updates.
    I agree 100 % with you Douglas. I don't feel Sony will issue a firmware update for the Nex-7. If they do, I feel it will only be to fix any compatibility issues with the new Sony lens coming out. I have some issues with the Nex-7, but nothing so overwhelming that I can't work around them. I have had my camera for almost a year and have gotten pretty much used to any glitches I may think it has. I hit the record button once in a while, but now I just laugh it off. If Sony comes out with a Nex-9 or whatever number, I'll just trade in the Nex-7, and I'll have something new to complain about. But yes, I'm not holding my breath either waiting for an update.
    Max

  19. #19
    legalBum
    Guest

    Re: NEX7 Firmware Update FB Page

    Sony has issued an update for the Nex-7
    Sony : NEX-7 Updates | Updates für NEX-7 herunterladen

    Looks like "HOT" won't have to buy a "HelloKiddyCam Pink".

    Max

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •