Site Sponsors

Thread: NEX7 Music Video - "The singer and the poet"

Post Thanks / Like

NEX7 Music Video - "The singer and the poet"

Hi guys,

This is a NO budget music video I shot this weekend as part of a project I have to explore traditional Brazilian music. It was all shot in one morning on a public park (Parque Lage) here in Rio de Janeiro.

https://vimeo.com/50049498

Equipment - Sony NEX7, 16mm f2.8, 23mm f1.7, 50mm f1.4, Videomic Pro
    Post production - edited and color corrected on Premiere
    Challenges - since it was a public place I had to count on the kindness of strangers when I asked them to hold on just a second so they would not walk into a shot.
    - During the entire shot the NEX7s' infamous overheating issue showed its' ugly head like 3 times and it shutdown after around 2 minutes shooting. It was not that hot at all (it was 22 Celsius).
    - Nature! This park is really in the middle of the wilderness, so mosquitoes kept attacking us.
    Personal note - After Ive moved to photography its been about 5 years since Ive last shot something. It was really fun and I will certainly be doing it more often.
    www.rafael-lopes.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: NEX7 Music Video - "The singer and the poet"

I have not tried the 7 for any (even for short) videos except the accidental ones due to the button placement.

Just 2 minutes?! Did you have the LCD tilted out or placed flat against the camera body?

The Magnesium alloy that Sony use for the NEX cams allows for very light bodies but is terrible when in comes to heat dissipation. It is a hardware problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Rafa.
    Ben
    Perth, Australia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    I have not tried the 7 for any (even for short) videos except the accidental ones due to the button placement.

Just 2 minutes?! Did you have the LCD tilted out or placed flat against the camera body?

The Magnesium alloy that Sony use for the NEX cams allows for very light bodies but is terrible when in comes to heat dissipation. It is a hardware problem.
    I had the lcd tilted out at all times and I even help my finger next to the vf so it would turn off. It happened 3 times in a 4 hour period. It's very unstable...I've managed to film 30in straight with no issues too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcm View Post
    Very nice Rafa.
    Thanks, Ben.