The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX7 Music Video - "The singer and the poet"

Rawfa

Hi guys,

This is a NO budget music video I shot this weekend as part of a project I have to explore traditional Brazilian music. It was all shot in one morning on a public park (Parque Lage) here in Rio de Janeiro.

https://vimeo.com/50049498

Equipment - Sony NEX7, 16mm f2.8, 23mm f1.7, 50mm f1.4, Videomic Pro
Post production - edited and color corrected on Premiere
Challenges - since it was a public place I had to count on the kindness of strangers when I asked them to hold on just a second so they would not walk into a shot.
- During the entire shot the NEX7s' infamous overheating issue showed its' ugly head like 3 times and it shutdown after around 2 minutes shooting. It was not that hot at all (it was 22º Celsius).
- Nature! This park is really in the middle of the wilderness, so mosquitoes kept attacking us.
Personal note - After I´ve moved to photography it´s been about 5 years since I´ve last shot something. It was really fun and I will certainly be doing it more often.

V

Vivek

I have not tried the 7 for any (even for short) videos except the accidental ones due to the button placement.

Just 2 minutes?! Did you have the LCD tilted out or placed flat against the camera body?

The Magnesium alloy that Sony use for the NEX cams allows for very light bodies but is terrible when in comes to heat dissipation. It is a hardware problem.

Rawfa

I have not tried the 7 for any (even for short) videos except the accidental ones due to the button placement.

Just 2 minutes?! Did you have the LCD tilted out or placed flat against the camera body?

The Magnesium alloy that Sony use for the NEX cams allows for very light bodies but is terrible when in comes to heat dissipation. It is a hardware problem.
I had the lcd tilted out at all times and I even help my finger next to the vf so it would turn off. It happened 3 times in a 4 hour period. It's very unstable...I've managed to film 30in straight with no issues too.