The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hehe, Xmas wishes - NEX7 upgrade from today

hot

This utility upgrades the NEX-7 firmware to version 1.01, and provides the following benefits:
•Addition of capability to enable or disable the MOVIE button - forget $19.99 & Sugru solutions :)
•Addition of exposure settings of bracket shooting (three frames /1.0EV,2.0EV, 3.0EV)
•Improvement of response for showing auto review image.
•Improvement of image quality when using a wide angle lens
•Improvement of indication when setting “Flexible Spot”.

Sony : NEX-7 Updates | Updates für NEX-7 herunterladen

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/NEX-7/updates

L

legalBum

You should be happy "hot". Now you won't have to buy a "HelloKiddieCam" Pink.
:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:
Max

hot

I never buy a HeKiCa, OTHERs should buy it, totally stressed by video button!

V

Vivek

I installed the update.

•Addition of capability to enable or disable the MOVIE button.
Works.:thumbs: Turned it OFF.

•Addition of exposure settings of bracket shooting (three frames /1.0EV,2.0EV, 3.0EV)
Works.

Don't know, don't care.

No change whatsoever with the C-V 15/4.5.

Don't know if anything improved.

Hell

I installed the update.

•Addition of capability to enable or disable the MOVIE button.
Works.:thumbs: Turned it OFF.

Works.

Don't know, don't care.

No change whatsoever with the C-V 15/4.5.

Don't know if anything improved.

No change whatsoever with the C-V 15/4.5

Sorry - you have to take a second look - display and finder do not show anything changed - that's true. But please take a picture: see?
I tested it this morning with the Heliar 15 mm and my old Leitz LTM Hektor 6,3 / 28mm (has been even worse than the Heliar - before)
I think in this respect Sony did a respectable job.

Hell

Please forget my posting - my viewing of taken pictures has been set to b/w - so I was taken by wishful thinking

V

Vivek

No worries. I think the "wide angle" performance Sony refer to is their own lenses. The new 10-18 f/4 zoom in particular, according to first tests posted online, shows color shifts and magenta corners on NEX-7.

I hope, at least that will fare better with the firmware update. I wish to see proof of that before even looking at its prices.

Jim DE

Vivek, I have to agree with that last statement. I was very happy at first with the idea of a new wide angle till some of the feedback started coming in. Almost $900usd dedicated manufacturers lenses should not need corner fixing when used on their own products imo.

I to and in the wait and see mode........

I did both the NEX7 and the A77 upgrades last night without a hitch. The A77 update really for a RAW shooter (besides the movie button) is not really worth the effort considering you have to go back and recheck all your lens micro adjusts that get zero'd when you update to v1.06. It essentially is a update for Sony and new product entry than for user defined needs/issues with the a77.

Lisa

A question...does updating the firmware set all the various custom settings back to their factory defaults, or does the camera retain all the previously-user-set settings? (I spent quite some time working out the various settings for me, and would hate to have to do it all again...)

Thanks,
Lisa

V

Vivek

No change whatsoever with the C-V 15/4.5

Sorry - you have to take a second look - display and finder do not show anything changed - that's true. But please take a picture: see?
I tested it this morning with the Heliar 15 mm and my old Leitz LTM Hektor 6,3 / 28mm (has been even worse than the Heliar - before)
I think in this respect Sony did a respectable job.
There is a change although not enough to help the CV 15/4.5. It does, however, helps the CV12/5.6 (it already showed less color shift with FW1.0).

This is indeed a welcome development. :)

Taylor Sherman

What? really? Do you have any before/after examples?

I'm doubtful that the firmware is analyzing the picture results and detecting/correcting color shift when it doesn't even know what lens is on it. Especially doubtful that if they were, it would be noticeable with the CV12 and not the CV15, which is more pronounced (hence easier to detect).

hot

Wonderful pictures! I love the colors, especial red & green! Real autumn colors! Phantastic! Share more!

JohnNewman

Wonderful pictures! I love the colors, especial red & green! Real autumn colors! Phantastic! Share more!
I've been a member of GetDPI for a while but haven't posted much since switching to a Nex 7 when they first arrived in the UK. I often read the Sony forum as I find it a valuable resource and the contributors are knowledgeable and (usually) very courteous to each other - but I don't understand the (apparent) rudeness of the OP when someone adds a useful contribution to the thread. It seemed a strange title (including phrases like "HeHe") but I thought the OP would have been pleased to have members discussing the new update that he pointed us to.

Am I missing something here?

Regards

John

Michiel Schierbeek

In this case the white wall is the most appropriate way to show the differences.
One wouldn't see any differences in a "good" flowershot.

Never saw a comment on the content from a "good" picture from your side.

Must be those high mountains surrounding you blocking your view. :ROTFL:

Michiel