The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the NEX-6

f/otographer

Vivek, I have to say those Pen F lenses look very interesting. I have wanted to shoot Olympus Zuiko lenses on my NEX for some time now but I have never gotten around to picking up any of the OM lenses yet. I might just have to look for these Pen F lenses instead.

jonoslack

Processed through LR4.2 with vignetting corrections and CA corrections done there plus LR's WB instead of the camera's.

I have not set up any lens profiles and hence have not done any corrections specific to C-V 15/4.5.
Hi Vivek - interesting purple edges - something I've seen recently on another camera. The lovely CV 15 is obviously a tricky lens on digital!

V

Vivek

Vivek, I have to say those Pen F lenses look very interesting. I have wanted to shoot Olympus Zuiko lenses on my NEX for some time now but I have never gotten around to picking up any of the OM lenses yet. I might just have to look for these Pen F lenses instead.
Hi,

You could also consider the OM Macro 50/3.5.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
NEX-6, Olympus OM Macro 50/3.5, ~0.5X

mazor

vivek, very impressed with your penf collection! you are close to having just about every lens released in penf!

I only have one penf 40 1.4 lens. Love using it thoroughly. Let me know if you ever want to sell the 70mm f2.0 penf ;)

V

Vivek

Another night snap.

NEX-6, Olympus pen F 100/3.5, ISO1600, 1/125, f/3.5

A shot with the same setup at 1/100s shows slight (motion) blur from hand holding. It is quite nippy here.

mazor

vivek, you are making me drool at these images, love what you are doing with the penf collection of lens!

uhoh7

Old and new.

Some of the pen F lenses that I will be using with the new NEX-6.

I'll be interested to see how the corners look on the 25, which the old tests said was the very sharpest. Mine is great in the center, but the center and the corners don't focus the same---also with the 20. The 42 I found just great across the frame, but oof rendering zeiss-like.

do we think it's the same sensor as 5n/r?

V

Vivek

You need to stop the lens down to get the corners in focus. Close to f/8 for infinity shots. This has something to do with the lens rather than the sensor/camera. The one with the most contrast in the pen F line up on the APS-C sensor other than the 38/3.5 Macro is the 100/3.5 (also the cheapest one can find!).

V

Vivek

I finally have a superb normal lens for the NEX. A quick snap.

NEX-6, Carl Zeiss S-Planar 32/4, f/4, 1/30s, ISO 1600

m_driscoll

I'll chip in. A couple from last night and today. Nice little camera.

Nex 6; 16-50mm; 50mm; 1/15s @ f/5.6; ISO 3200

Nex 6; 16-50mm; 50mm; 1/80s @ f/6.3; ISO 1000

Nex 6; 16-50mm; 38mm; 1/60s @ f/6.3; ISO 2500

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

A few more.

Nex 6; 16-50mm; 50mm; 1/320s @ f/6.3; ISO 100

Nex 6; 16-50mm; 16mm; 1/640s @ f/6.3; ISO 100

Nex 6; 16-50mm; 25mm; 1/500s @ f/6.3; ISO 100

Cheers, Matt