The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the NEX-6

Taylor Sherman

Matt - how's the AF speed with the 16-50? I've heard mixed things.

Also - in your first boat shot (with Rocinante on the right side), the lines/masts against the sky at the top look. . . pretty bad. Do you know if that's the lens? JPG processing? or? If that's the best the lens can do at 50, eek. (oh, it may be that they're just out of focus? but it looks more like lens aberrations to me).

m_driscoll

Matt - how's the AF speed with the 16-50? I've heard mixed things.

Also - in your first boat shot (with Rocinante on the right side), the lines/masts against the sky at the top look. . . pretty bad. Do you know if that's the lens? JPG processing? or? If that's the best the lens can do at 50, eek. (oh, it may be that they're just out of focus? but it looks more like lens aberrations to me).
Taylor: It's my sloppy processing. Here's a jpg of the RAW file converted to DNG by Lightroom 4. There's a bit there, but, Lightroom can get rid of it. AF speed seems OK. I'll bring it to the SLUG gathering.

Cheers, Matt

Last edited:

m_driscoll

A couple more.

Nex 6; 16-50mm; 50mm; 1/320s @ f/6.3; ISO 100

Nex 6; 16-50mm; 16mm; 1/20s @ f/6.3; ISO 3200

Nex 6; 16-50mm; 29mm; 1/20s @ f/6.3; ISO 640

Nex 6; 16-50mm; 38mm; 1/60s @ f/6.3; ISO 1250

Cheers, Matt

Shac

The handling and menus of the Nex-6 cf the Nex-5N are greatly improved IMO
Some recent shots

w/CV 15mm

w/Zuiko 50/3.5 macro

Next 4 from a hike in Baker Wilderness Area (WA) last Thursday

18-55 Kit lens

18-55 Kit lens

w/ Zuiko 100/2.8

18-55 Kit lens

just4fun

Hello all,
Allow me to join the fun with crappy PP :)

Lens: Zeiss 24mm f1.8
Setting: 1/60, f2, ISO 500

Setting: 1/60, f2, ISO 500
Hip Shooting :)

Setting: 1/60, f1.8, ISO 2500

Setting: 1/2000, f1.8, ISO 100

Lens: Adapted Leica M 35mm Summilux ASPH non FLE
Setting: 1/80, f2, ISO 100

Shac

Wet day images. Nex-6 w Zuiko 50/2 macro

For me this is a great combination despite the extra weight/size of the f2 macro

Howard

This is a general comment of nearly every photo that has been posted to this thread. They are extremely well done, in sharp focus, good exposure, with exception of the B&W's they are bright with vivid colors. Well done everyone.

P

psi

shac, beautiful shots! i have a question about the pics taken with the kit lens. i'm trying to decide between the nex-6 and x-e1 with there kit zoom lenses. for me the nex ticks all the boxes except the out of camera jpg quality where fuji seems to have an advantage. the shots u took with the kit zoom lens are the first nex photos ive seen that give it a good fight. can u tell me how u took these photos and if u did any processing/filters?
thanks peter

V

Vivek

A few from the Olympus pen F 70/2. This is not the sharpest lens in the pen F line up but the draw, nevertheless is enchanting. Incredibly foggy conditions.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
NEX-6, Olympus pen F 70/2, ISO200, f/2