The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the A99!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I took the A99 to the Milwaukee zoo. I was using the Minolta "Big Beercan" 75-300 f/4.5-5.6. I used my 500 AF Reflex for the last shot. Second shot (Diana Monkey) was taken at iso 25,600 through glass. The lighting was really terrible, but I was able to get something.

Last edited:

ecsh

Checking for onion bokeh on the new Tamron 24-70 2.8 lens. I see none. Pretty happy with this lens so far.

etrigan63

Workin' hard in the studio with the Sony A99!

Sony HVL-F60M as highlight, 2x 200W Interfit Monolights (1 softbox, 1 octabox) all triggered with PocketWizard 3's
Sony A99 + Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8

Finally my favourite from the day:

All with the A99 and Zeiss 24/2 ... The camera got really hot but worked fabulously. I litterally dived on my knees adjusting the aperture and snapped that last one, focus was bang on, one shot was all I got

Jim DE

Man... the a99 must be the forgotten Sony camera.... only 8 pages of posts for such a well thought of camera is amazing. Compared to the number of post the RX1 or NEX7 has.

Must mean the a99 is doing everything right.... ;)

Michiel Schierbeek

Man... the a99 must be the forgotten Sony camera.... only 8 pages of posts for such a well thought of camera is amazing. Compared to the number of post the RX1 or NEX7 has.

Must mean the a99 is doing everything right.... ;)
You don't say only the problem cameras make many pages :ROTFL:
Yes, I am wondering about that as well once in a while. I would like to see and hear more of it's qualitys.

Probably to big or something although there is an enthousiastic crowd of people here slepping big format cameras around. (with wondefull results, no doubt about it.)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
They a99 users are too busy with their Leica gear.
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Not true! I really like the A99 alongside my Leica gear. It can do things that M9 and M2 cannot do. Besides, A99 is usually sporting Leica R lenses. I'll try to post some photos soon.