Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun with the A99!

Post Thanks / Like

Fun with the A99!

While meeting with Sony at PhotoPlus I was able to finagle an A99 for use overnight friday to shoot. I thought most people would be interested in its high-iso capability and theres always something to shoot in NYC. I had a selection of any lens to use, I decided the 24-70 zeiss would be ideal for the night.

All are using my normal workflow for street, LR adjusted (simple) from raws only.
    Enjoy!

handheld 1/6th exposure at ISO2000.

NYC with the Sony A99 by PeteTsai, on Flickr

I really pushed things here, it was extremely dark out. ISO6400.

Went of an underexposed shot on this one. ISO3200

Gotta love Times Square on Halloween weekend! ISO3200

ISO2000, I started backing off as I wasn't really sure if I'd have any useable images, but in all honesty, I would have no issue keeping things at 3200 or even 6400 for street work.

Another at ISO2000

A favorite shot of the trip, I had Psy singing Gangnam Style in mind when I shot this.

Just one last one of a tourist snapping the bright lights big city!

Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fun with the A99!

Great start, Pete!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

+1 Vivek

Well done Pete - lots of great shots - and the camera hasn't done too badly either!
    How about the handling?

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Ha! Gangnam style. I love it

And really great photographs btw.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks gang. Jonoslack, as to the handling overall the camera is great. The EVF and articulating LCD i found to be very valuable and usable. I shot some EVF and some hip style with the LCD flipped either out to a 90 or flipped up and around to where it won't go a full 90 but its up much higher near the hot shoe. I didn't shoot full manual as I was getting used to the different controls (mainly a nikon shooter) I was really amazed at the quality of the straight out jpegs when I loaded them onto my ipad 3. The Asian group crossing times square looked more like an 800 or 1600 shot although I did remember shooting that at 3200. The light weight of the body was great and helped offset the heavy 24-70 Zeiss glass (which is great and worth its weight!) I did turn on the image stabilization and I do feel it helped on some of the long exposures.

On the downside, the battery life is not super stellar, but I was shooting a lot more LCD live view then I would have normally because I could articulate the screen out. I should have grabbed more then one charged battery, but that is my fault. For a real job the camera can have 3 batteries total if the grip is used. I personally never found the EVF to be a hindrance at all, and once adjusting to the instantaneous image review in-viewfinder it was a great aid at ensuring "the shot" was in the can as we used to say. In playing with the raws I'm seriously impressed with the DR gains they have made, I feel its one stop better then my 5n easily, a camera that I've always been very impressed with, and that camera doesn't have a translucent mirror between the glass and the sensor! I wish I wasn't so exhausted by the end of the show day and start of the exploring and shooting nights as I would really have liked to have made some comparisons to my new d800e that I took on the trip but only made 12 frames... I figured more people would be interested in the A99. I think its exciting times with Sony and their imaging program, they really are making strides to be customer responsive, ie the nex-7 movie button delete!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Pete,
    Nice images. I get my A99 tomorrow, and I already ordered a second battery....

Steven
    Steven Kornreich
    www.kuau.com

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. I will wait to see what the low light / high iso sports shots look like before I commit to the a99.

Post Thanks / Like

very clean shots!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Look what the bat dragged in...

Focus peaked with a C/Y Zeiss 50mm @ f/2.0

Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It all looks great
    I'm very disappointed that the new Apple RAW update doesn't include the A99 as Aperture is my choice of developer.

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The sample Dpreview shots I have seen taken with the A99 look..well, dreadful is too kind a word. Blurry, unsharp. Can anyone point me to full rezz samples that look better than mediocre? I see great shots here on this thread, but I am wondering about the technical performance of the hardware.
    Quentin Bargate
    Director of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2012 - 2017, ”leading individual”, Chambers HNW guide, 2017, Photographer

Post Thanks / Like

Imaging-resource.com has some samples and test target images. Frank Doorhof also has a mini-review including samples.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin_Bargate View Post
    Can anyone point me to full rezz samples that look better than mediocre?
    Martin Ranger - Seattle, WA
    www.martinrangerimages.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The sample Dpreview shots I have seen taken with the A99 look..well, dreadful is too kind a word. Blurry, unsharp. Can anyone point me to full rezz samples that look better than mediocre? I see great shots here on this thread, but I am wondering about the technical performance of the hardware.
    Quentin,

Here is the link where you can look at the full res image. There was a smidge of grain added in post.

I see nothing to alarm with the A99 so far. It is worlds better at high ISO than the A900 and as good if not better at low ISO.

Can you be more specific about the "technical performance"? I'll answer whatever questions you may have.

I will say that this is a feature rich camera which means a good amount of time is needed initially to get the camera sorted to your preference. Coming off the A900 there are things that I miss, physical metering switches for Steady Shot and Metering Modes vs. software, etc. But plenty more new goodies that greatly expand what I can do with the camera. Manual focus performance with my C/Y lenses is stellar and I swear the peaking works better than on the NEX.

So far, no glaring bugs or niggles. Perhaps Sony could have allowed for even more customization but there is plenty there.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8476/8...8e8d2086_o.jpg
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

They show the performance of the camera. They are uninteresting images, but Dpreview is just showing what the camera does in rather an honest way. Snappy looking pictures tend to emphasize the skill of the photographer and not the performance of the camera--it is not that difficult to make nice looking images.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Great bokeh...

I still have an A900 but rarely used. I don't want to sound like a broken record but the pixel level sharpness of the full Rez samples I have seen is well below that of the Sigma DP2m and while the noise levels are low and the shots look great at posted resolution I wonder about the acutance of the shots at 100%.

In theory the A99 would be a great way to use my current A mount lenses, but I am left wondering.....
    Quentin Bargate
    Director of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2012 - 2017, ”leading individual”, Chambers HNW guide, 2017, Photographer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Great bokeh...

I still have an A900 but rarely used. I don't want to sound like a broken record but the pixel level sharpness of the full Rez samples I have seen is well below that of the Sigma DP2m and while the noise levels are low and the shots look great at posted resolution I wonder about the acutance of the shots at 100%.

In theory the A99 would be a great way to use my current A mount lenses, but I am left wondering.....
    Quentin,

If the hyper-real sharpness of the Merrill cameras is what you are looking for I'm not sure the A99 is it. Maybe a D800e would be closest in the DSLR world?

It certainly holds enough detail and sharpness for my critical eye but we all have different benchmarks for what we want to see out of a camera.

I think the A99 is outstanding so far when measured against all it can do and the overall IQ. I will miss the A900's build quality - the A99 is very good but the A900 just feels more solid to me - but the improvement in IQ and the peaking for my MF lenses is just too good.

I'm listing the A900 today.

Best,
    Chad

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

If you want to have higher "pixel-level" sharpness, then go to a lower resolution camera. A 12MP FF sensor without an AA filter will give a sharper appearance at 100% than a a99.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    If you want to have higher "pixel-level" sharpness, then go to a lower resolution camera. A 12MP FF sensor without an AA filter will give a sharper appearance at 100% than a a99.
    Agreed.

I'm selling the A900 to go with the X-Pro as a second serious body.

The A99 is the overall workhorse and the X-Pro will be the sharpness monster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    As will a higher resolution camera like my Hassy H4d-50 which similarly has no AA filter, but that's not the whole story here. I appreciate the high ISO performance of the A99 but I'm not yet convinced it does not come at the expense of pixel level sharpness.

Still, I can appreciate its versatility.
    Quentin Bargate

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hurricane Sandy is beginning to be felt on Georgian Bay!
    a99, CZ24-70 ISO 400.

Bill CB

www.billcaulfeild-browne.ca
    Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

As will a higher resolution camera like my Hassy H4d-50 which similarly has no AA filter, but that's not the whole story here. I appreciate the high ISO performance of the A99 but I'm not yet convinced it does not come at the expense of pixel level sharpness.

Quentin,

Have you seen the Quesabesda comparisons between the A99 and the D600?

They had their still life focus point messed up but if you look at the cathedral shots, specifically the high ISO interior and bake your own JPEG from the RAW files, you will find that the A99 looks superior in pixel level detail and sharpness. Don't bother comparing the JPEGS - Sony still falls flat in their JPEG engine.

I initially had reservations about pixel level sharpness compared to the A900 at low ISO but have not seen that born out. In fact, the Imaging Resource still life looks more detailed in the A99 shot at base ISO.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I will take the bait for those of us who have no clue about pixel level sharpness and how that translates into real life situations. Quentin, does pixel level sharpness make a picture a better, or are you just looking for a benchmark against which to compare other cameras? Are you shooting on a tripod with a cable release or are you taking pictures hand held in low light of moving subjects? Isn't sharpness just one aspect of a picture? Haven't many pinpoint razor sharp pictures been taken that just flat out stink? Here is my take, and again, I really have no clue but isn't a bad picture taken with amazing pixel level sharpness still a bad picture? The converse about lack of sharpness holds true as well I am guessing.

I happen to like the images from NYC and the photo of the approaching storm. What is wrong with them that pixel level sharpness can improve?

Thanks.

Mikal

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Pixel-level sharpness is not a very useful metric. Sharpness is not only a subjective quality, it is also a relative one in regard to format and pixel resolution. It is also affected by scene contrast and detail. The other problem is that the sharpness is mostly the product of the optics. Resampling can change the pixel level sharpness while our impression of the image does not. All in all, I am not sure the term is very meaningful.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, Normally I do not show/share unedited work but in the interest of the pixel peepers (of which I wag my finger at you to shoot more and peep less! :P) I will provide a few example images, the camera jpegs as shot.

They are 6 megabytes, so download if you really want to.

This one is an iso3200/f3.5 image of some tiles in the subway. It looks pretty good to me for SOOC, but then I don't shoot for jpeg as part of my normal workflow. I will tell you the raw + LR will give a better result for sure.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18939281/DSC09588.JPG

This other image is from Times Square shot at iso1600/f2.8

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18939281/DSC09650.JPG

This camera is by far superior to anything you will get from an A900 at these ISOs,

Cheers,
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Just my .02 cents worth, but pixel peeping is a huge waste of time. The simple fact of the matter is that the a99 is a freaking awesome camera. It is capable of taking world class, National Geographic level photos. Hands down, no debate possible. Way to many people spend way to much time on internet forums discussing this or that particular spec between camera X and camera Y.

People just need to pick up a camera and go shoot. 99% of the time crap composition and banal subject matter will destroy a photo before sharpness ever comes into play. And as a few posters have said there are sooooooo many factors that can effect the sharpness of a photo that dumping it on the camera body borders on ridiculous.

The a99 is a world class camera. So are the recent Canon and Nikons. So are the recent mirrorless camera. So are the great majority of cameras used by everyone on this site. If you aren't taking world class photos with what you got at home then look to your skillz first.

There is no Pulitzer Prize for sharpness.

Post Thanks / Like

Reading this thread makes me feel really great - everything is GOOD - and even better in every camp!

Come on folks, this can't be serious

Post Thanks / Like

See if you guys think this is sharp enough for your taste. Click to see full size if you like. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/yatlee/...n/photostream/)

A99 with Leica R 50mm/1.4 @ F1.4, ISO 800. RAW file converted using Photoshop CS6, no other sharpening or edit done to the file.

DSC00065 by yatlee, on Flickr
    Yat

www.flickr.com/yatlee
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

HI Quentin
    I think that if you're yardstick for pixel level sharpness is the DP2, then nothing is going to come up to scratch - on the other hand, as others have said, I'm not sure that it has a great deal of relevance to the final picture (micro contrast seems to be much more of a deal).

If you're used to shooting a camera without an AA filter (I do that too) then anything which does have an AA filter is going to be less impressive at 100% - but then, who on earth is looking at 24mp at 100%? . . . . Oh! I know who

If you really want pixel level sharpness, then forget the DP2 and forget the A99 . . . just get yourself a Leica Monochrom - THAT'S pixel level sharpness (with no Bayer filter and no AA filter).

My problem with the A99 is that, sadly, Apple don't yet support the RAW files - so I'm waiting until they do.

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Caulfeild-Browne View Post
    Hurricane Sandy is beginning to be felt on Georgian Bay!
    a99, CZ24-70 ISO 400.
    Bill, You make the storm of the decade look so nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks so much for the night shots, petetsai, they reveal a world of possibilities that is simply not available with the a900.

I fully understand Quentin's take based on his intended use of the Merrill - stock. To be honest, the Sigma cameras' images look preternatural and graceless to me, much like over-sharpened web images, with odd colours for landscape/nature work. But good luck to them and the users of the technology.

The a99 has the usual 'something for everyone' approach by Sony, but I guess I see it (for my uses) as a FF version of the already very capable a77, with more DR, attractive noise, and the real clincher - greater colour separation. If you take a long look at the excellent comparisons at Imaging Resources, the colour brightness and tonality are very evident. The sensor is regarded as having moderate a strength AA, due most likely to some design intelligence to overcome the inherent SLT 'light theft'. From a strictly imaging POV, I look for excellent (not necessarily class leading) resolution, top class colour, natural rendition and very broad DR.

I expect it to be possible to use just the (apparently improved) EVF much of the time for manual focus (100% for me now), due to the peaking display, real time histo display and real time exposure feedback and post shot display. These four *camera* features plus high ISO ability, and no mirror slap induced me to order one right away, as they are all clear advantages over the a900, and will result is very few non-composition errors - I have always reshot most critical a900 images, and the LCD is horrible in bright light, with a very poor histo display, exposure with Leitaxed lenses was iffy, and low light was a serious 'challenge' to say the least.

I shot a few a77 images using a Summicron R 50/2 with peaking in near dark, checked the focus accuracy - and was an instant convert to EVF, as this is simply not possible with an OVF even the a900s.

Gets here tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Been using mine for the past 2 days, nothing to interesting, just testing my current lens line up, so far so good.
    What I have found is processing in LR 4.2 I like Adobe Standard the best for color, than maybe portrait after that. I still need to create me own DNG profile.
    Amount 80, Radius .7, Detail 70, then mask set to taste I am using about 35 so blue sky's don't look crunchy.
    The EVF for me is a life savor. All I can say is wow, MF is a breeze now, I have not even opened the LCD yet....

If anyone is looking for a L-Bracket this one works:
    Universal L-type Quick-Release Plates DPL-03 - Products - Sunwayphoto-a superior photography accessories manufacturer in Shenzhen China

It just fits. I have no use for the HDMI, USB, ports so I am good to go.
    I picked one up from amazon for 85.00

Also if anyone is looking for a super clean Sony SAL 70200G 70-200/2.8G lens
    Drop me a note. I purchased one a few weeks ago, Love it but for me just to heavy for my hiking backpack.

Steven
    Steven Kornreich
    www.kuau.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by yatlee View Post
    See if you guys think this is sharp enough for your taste. Click to see full size if you like. (All sizes | DSC00065 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!)

A99 with Leica R 50mm/1.4 @ F1.4, ISO 800. RAW file converted using Photoshop CS6, no other sharpening or edit done to the file.

DSC00065 by yatlee, on Flickr
    What adapter do you use for Leica lens on the A mount, please?
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Bill you use the Leitax mount
    check out Leica & Pentax & Nikon | Leitax
    I converted all my Zeiss lenses to Sony A mount.
    Infinity focus is perfect. I verified that today with my A99

Steven
    Steven Kornreich
    www.kuau.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by philip_pj View Post
    Thanks so much for the night shots, petetsai, they reveal a world of possibilities that is simply not available with the a900.

I fully understand Quentin's take based on his intended use of the Merrill - stock. To be honest, the Sigma cameras' images look preternatural and graceless to me, much like over-sharpened web images, with odd colours for landscape/nature work. But good luck to them and the users of the technology.

The a99 has the usual 'something for everyone' approach by Sony, but I guess I see it (for my uses) as a FF version of the already very capable a77, with more DR, attractive noise, and the real clincher - greater colour separation. If you take a long look at the excellent comparisons at Imaging Resources, the colour brightness and tonality are very evident. The sensor is regarded as having moderate a strength AA, due most likely to some design intelligence to overcome the inherent SLT 'light theft'. From a strictly imaging POV, I look for excellent (not necessarily class leading) resolution, top class colour, natural rendition and very broad DR.

I expect it to be possible to use just the (apparently improved) EVF much of the time for manual focus (100% for me now), due to the peaking display, real time histo display and real time exposure feedback and post shot display. These four *camera* features plus high ISO ability, and no mirror slap induced me to order one right away, as they are all clear advantages over the a900, and will result is very few non-composition errors - I have always reshot most critical a900 images, and the LCD is horrible in bright light, with a very poor histo display, exposure with Leitaxed lenses was iffy, and low light was a serious 'challenge' to say the least.

I shot a few a77 images using a Summicron R 50/2 with peaking in near dark, checked the focus accuracy - and was an instant convert to EVF, as this is simply not possible with an OVF even the a900s.

Gets here tomorrow.

Good summation Philip and I agree on all points. Glad to know other Leitax users had iffy metering on the A900.

Just a few quick thoughts on the A99. I've only handled the A77 briefly but my short time with it was enough to have me worried that the A99 build quality would be the same, compared to the heft and tank like build of the A900. I would say the A99 falls squarely between the two. Tough enough, but I will miss the feel of the A900.

I do not like the A99 shutter. Yes it is quieter and no mirror slap. But something about it is disconcerting. It feels or sounds a bit sluggish, even at high shutter speeds. Your mind knows that the shutter speed is high but your ears tell you something different.

The green focus confirmation box is similarly sluggish in that you hear the confirmation beep almost instantaneously as AF speed is blistering, but the box lights green a fraction of a second after the sound - not perfectly synched as it is on the A900. So my ear hears the confirmation but like Pavlov's dogs, I've been conditioned over the years to wait for the light. Fix that Sony, please.

Leitax metering seems better, still not perfect but focus peaking is stellar, performing even better than on the NEX.

The A99 setup has the steepest learning curve I have ever witnessed. It is going to take some time to get comfortable with it but I have no doubt that the effort will be rewarded.

IQ is excellent. The A900 was top-notch at lower ISOs and the A99 looks to have better dynamic range and color depth. High ISO looks good too. I shot a very dark show last night - no spotlights at all - at 6400 f/1.4, shutter at 1/20. That is as dark as I ever would want to shoot. Usually I just pack the camera away, knowing it isn't worth the trouble or output.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Caulfeild-Browne View Post
    What adapter do you use for Leica lens on the A mount, please?
    Bill
    Bill, Leitax with chip from James Lao. I tried some Chinese made mount before, but Leitax is better made albeit costing 3 times as much. The chip from James Lao is also recommended, it enables the stablization which alone is worth the price to me. I have converted 19/2.8, 35/F1.4 & F2, 50/1.4, 80/1.4, 100/2.8 and 180/3.4 with proper EXIF data on focal length. When the lens is mounted, it automatically turn to the largest aperture of the lens for metering. A friend of mine even done one with the tele-modular.

Even with the upcoming Leica M which allows the use of R lens with an adaptor, I think this is by far the more flexible and better use of the R lens.
    Yat

www.flickr.com/yatlee

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, I adapted an R 50/1.4 E55 for the a900 using the Leitax adapter and the Lao chip. The adapter and chip are rock solid and well worth the price if it means you can use the lens you want to use. I can't recommend them highly enough, and David at Leitax is great to deal with.

The only drawback with the adapter (and this was confirmed by others on this forum) is that the focus in more accurate depending upon which direction the lens is being focused from (infinity to close up, or close up to infinity). I also don't get EXIF data unless I set everything manually but for the most I am not a stickler for the data other than film speed.

FWIW, I am also adapting an R 180/4 to A mount.

Post Thanks / Like

Really great files from your NYC street-shoot. Heck, if I didn’t already have the A900 I'd be tempted. Also love Bill's pano of Hurricane Sandy.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 31st October 2012 at 09:44.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Monza has my A99 body and is assembling the rest of the kit, so I should have mine shortly.

Pete, you must be one silver-tongued devil to "finagle an A99 overnight". I was at PhotoPlus as well and was only able to get them to allow me to shoot some RAW files in the booth with the promise to never post them because the unit was pre-production.

Bill, excellent pano!

Quentin, pixel-peeping is dead. See this article.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks et al, saw a review from DigitalRev and they seemed to feel the same about the usable ISO range as I did.

Carlos, getting a loaner is quite a bit easier for me as I have some great connections at Sony.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Good connections indeed!

After two years of cajoling, they agreed to send me a Cybershot HX30V to review. I hope to cultivate a closer relationship with them.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

kenken

very nice.. its Gangnam style....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

SP, I don't use chips on my lenses but the combo of peaking and magnification makes light work of focus challenges. How about the review in the EVF, isn't it great? Lovely IQ, very serene look to images (like petetsai's), I am so glad they kept that film like look from the a900. I find the shutter/mirror sound much more machine like, I am OK with that.

The device has almost too much customisability - a reaction the NEX thing they needed to do. Just work through the manual slowly and get a setup for manual focus - work out what you need or like in the EVF/LCD settings, just spend hours trying stuff. It is surprisingly compact too. It'll be interesting to see how this one sells, most people compare it with the decidely lower tech D600. All the best with it.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I know we're all running around photographing flower pots and unsuspecting family members whilst we learn this new tool, but need to get some images going:

An Office in Philippines. Sony - Sony-Zeiss 24/2

Daughter with iPad - Sony-Zeiss 24/2. In-camera JPEG

The Kids - Sony-Zeiss 24/2. Incamera JPEG

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

wentbackward, you need a dog or a cat. Absolutely a mandatory test target for a photographer.

Post Thanks / Like

Hah, funny you should say that mate, I might inherit one from my sister as she's was told by the management she could keep a dog when moving apartment and now they're saying no!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

And animals and kids get along so well. It is kind of a mellowing effect--parents just get too tired to care...

Good luck!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well - we have:
    3 horses
    25 chickens
    3 cats
    1 dog
    . . . . . . and no camera
    If anyone cares to lend me one I'll snap pets like billyo!

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

The a99 looks good so far. I need a faster autofocus 24 than my ancient Minolta 24/2.8 for the a900 and maybe the a99 if I decide to pull the trigger. Any recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Distagon 24/2.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Well - we have:
    3 horses
    25 chickens
    3 cats
    1 dog
    . . . . . . and no camera
    If anyone cares to lend me one I'll snap pets like billyo!
    What!! No camera!!?? How can that be.
    Joe