The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX3 / NEX5 hotshoe with transmitter

hot

Last edited:
V

Vivek

I saw this the other day.

I am curious how the wireless radio transmitter fare with the NEX' with WiFi.

I will check it out soon.

mazor

thx hot for these links, I think I may go for one with one transmitter and one receiver. How much fun can we have with this nex accessory port!

Have you actually tried this new gadget?

hot

No, I've only JJC MSA-10 adapter - it works well for me.

Some people want a do-it-all-adapter for $ 19.99 ... if such a thing would be available by Sony, price would be $ 199.90 :)

mazor

Might give this a whirl, and let you all know how it goes.

Seems to be a good solution over msa10 if one uses remote triggers anyhow. Also this new unit may seem slightly more bulky than msa-10, but by the time you put wireless trigger onto msa10 it would appear more bulky than the wansen.

The final advantage over msa-10 would be the hand screw able attachment. With mSA10 I have to carry the supplied acessory screw driver in my bag, so I can change between my EVF and MSA10, which to me is a little annoying.

hot

My remotes work very well with NEX5 (and NEX7) and I must not use a WanSen receiver.

mazor

nice collection of transmitters and receivers Hot.

I have ordered one of these Wansen hot shot adapter with 2 receivers, hope does screw tightly onto the NEX without using a screwdriver. will have to test it to see if the mount is firm like the msa-10 :)

hot

I couldn't find if WanSen transmitter/receiver work with 433 mhz or 2.4 ghz. Tell it if you get it :)

V

Vivek

I have a problem with fotodiox. I have never bought a thing from them or any of their products. I keep getting spam. Don't know how they got my email address and do not know how to tell them to SFU.

etrigan63

They seem to be linked to Peter Gregg and one other company and they lump all of their ads from the same mailing list. I bought a flash diffuser from Peter Gregg and now I get mail from all of them.

mazor

I have a problem with fotodiox. I have never bought a thing from them or any of their products. I keep getting spam. Don't know how they got my email address and do not know how to tell them to SFU.
what kind of problems did you have?

V

Vivek

I saw this the other day.

I am curious how the wireless radio transmitter fare with the NEX' with WiFi.

I will check it out soon.
The WanSen (433 MHz, deliberately chosen over the 2.4GHz version) does well on the NEX-6. No interference at all. :thumbs:

mazor

got my wansen for my nex 5n. Works a treat. The transmitter is a substantially bigger than the MSA-10, but you can attach the transmitter without the need of a screwdriver which is a bonus.

Remotes triggering works correctly, but the Canon speedlites have additional 5 point contacts which make it impossible to mount directly ontop of the wansen transmitter, but will mount fine on the receivers which is good.