The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

35mm F0.95

mazor

thanks rawfa, guess when it comes to underwater cases, we really have limited when it comes to legacy glass, since it is not AF. May I ask which underwater case you are using. I am considering possible getting one for my 5n.

Rawfa

The are some pro underwater cases that cost A LOT and allow you full control and visibility, but since I don't shoot underwater all the time I've got an inexpensive Dicapack (I think that's how it's called) which allowed me very cool results so far but will only allow auto settings.

Rawfa

I ended up not using the 35mm at all during my trip (as you might have guessed from my other thread). It´s a very nice lens but it´s just not a fov that I use a lot. I actually just posted a couple of ads to sell the lens here in Brazil. I would post here in the forum but if I add the import taxes I´ve paid the priced would end up around us$1000.

Rawfa

Mazor, the lens is excellent in my humble opinion, but it´s just a fov that I don´t use. When it comes to classic FOVs 35mm (real 35mm, not 35mm x 1.5) is my weapon of choice. Plus I´ve been thinking about getting some NEX glass for some specific situations...I want to get the Tamron 18-200mm for a trip I´m to the Amazon jungle in February and I want to get the 24mm f1.8 for unrehearsed gigs. I really like the SLR Magic 23mm f1.7 but it´s hell to do manual focus on an event full of moving people.

mazor

yes, guess 35mm, is effectively closer to 50mm effective on the nex.

The 24mm f1.8 is a nice lens, expensive though, and no OSS, but you get all the zeiss goodness ;)