The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

Brian Mosley

I'm still at least 60% interested... I get to decide for sure this Saturday :D

Joe, I'm encouraged by your posts... Great photography, as always! And thanks to all for sharing here.

Brian

Hausen

Thought I had decided to pass on RX1 but some off these shots are making think again. Love the market shots above.

Shashin

Just some snaps handheld in a dark place with tricky lighting and high ISO. The stair images has lots more details in the shadows even at 5000ISO. First two opened in ACR with the new RX1 RAW profiles. That Sweep Panorama is fun!

just4fun

Just received my camera, I am using cheapest solution for framing: Canon 35mm rangefinder viewfinder! looks nice isn't it?

1st low light shot

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

For any of you whom have used the Fuji X series, what are your impression of file quality? I find that the XE-1/XPro 1 do a great job on many levels, and teh XE-1 in particular shouldn't feel all that different in hand than the RX-1.

Sensor size nonwithstanding, are images coming from the RX-1 as sharp and microconrastedly good as the XE-1/XP-1, given that the RX-1 has an AA filter while the Fujis do not?

Shashin

Here are two RAW images processed in ACR. The one on the left is simply the image straight out of ACR. The image on the right has the highlight and shadow sliders set to maximum. The splotchiness of the second image is because I shot this through the car window while sitting in traffic and those are the glass reflections.

barjohn

Looks good. Darn it is supposed to rain here all weekend. I was hoping to get outside and shoot some pictures.

Spent a couple of hours in Waikiki along the beach and at a Farmers Market.
Trying to determine if the RX1 is a good street photography camera.
Jury is still out, but here are a few photos from today.
The last two images at 6400 iso.