The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

Shashin

Well, the damage was not so bad. We only had about 6-7 inches. Took a break while I was clearing the driveway to run out into the "garden" and take a few images in the late afternoon light (for those of you who live further south, that is around 3pm). If you like shooting square formats, the square grid overlay in the RX1 helps a lot. The neat thing is you also have about +/-6mm (5.95mm to be more exact) of shift or rise/fall. The lens is close to normal with a square crop.

Jay Emm

Having bought and sold Fuji's X100 and XPro1, I held my breath when ordering the RX1. Concerns quickly evaporated, this is a remarkable camera. Some quick shots over Christmas attached. These were taken on auto-ISO (which I set between 100 and 3200) and Aperture priority - which served particularly well for indoor shots.

retow

Tourist snaps from Kiev, ooc jpegs, NR turned off. Quite a travel camera, this little Sony.

Last edited:
OK, first big test for the Rx1 today - sort of. Shot an Indian party before a wedding.
Most of the evening I used my trusty Nikon D3s, but I took the Sony to give it a spin.
I set shutter speed and aperture manually and set iso to auto. Used multi autofocus and turned face detection on.
Here are a few photos from this evening.
Everything here at f/2. Iso between 2000 and 12,800 except for flash photo at end at iso 100 and photo of henna on hands at iso 800.
Enjoy.

Last edited:

Brian Mosley

I'd say that's a victory for the RX-1 in your hands Joe... wonderful! :clap:

What shutter speeds did you use?

Thanks for sharing

Brian