The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

Muizen

Thank you Shashin for your help!
I purchased a printed copy of the the Sony "DSC-RX1 User Guide" at - OTCWORLD - which for me, is easier to use than on internet.
I am most impressed and inspired by your beautiful images on this forum, showing a creative level of photography I will aim at myself but will never be able to reach!
Thank you again!
Harry

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Was in London on business a few weeks ago, and got out for a couple of walks through the city with the RX-1...

Paddington Station:

Old and New:

New:

Castle:

Lunchtime Reading:

London Bridge:

Corner Market:

Wine Wharf:

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
A few more...

Umbrellas:

Little Dorrit:

Millenium Bridge:

Millenium Bridge - another view:

The Mad Hatter:

London Nautical School:

Eye in the Sky:

Shashin

Went to Pemaquid Point lighthouse today to get out of the house. A little dedication to Paul Strand.

Shashin

Just for a bit of fun. I am finally starting to test a new mount--first sunny night in a really long time. Orion on the left to the Pleiades on the right. One minute exposure at f/4 at ISO 800.

Mike, your London images are superb.
Shashin, cool photos as always. A one minute night sky exposure seems a bit long - stars typically no longer look circular.

Last edited:

Shashin

Joe, the stars are round if you are on a tracking mount as I am. ;) The trees are no longer sharp though...

100% crop.

Here's a shot that makes the Sony Rx1 special.
After yummy pizza at Grimaldi's, walked down to the water below the Brooklyn Bridge.
Saw this couple celebrating a Quinceañera and took this photo just after sunset.
Iso 3200, 1/160 f/2.
Enjoy.

Justinl

Justinl, these are much much nicer than snaps, IMO.
Thanks, appreciate it. Wish I had more time with the camera at the moment but work is manic so grabbing it when I can, hopefully though going to the Natural History Museum in London next week and also heading to Harry Potter World where the films were made in a few weeks, hopefully will be able to get some interesting shots.