The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

ymc226

Very interested in the RX-1. If shooting continuous RAW, about how many shots can one take before the buffer fills and no more shots can be taken?

biglouis

My son's band, the Tin Can .44s. at their 'farewell gig' in London's once notorious Limehouse area of the East End (now pleasantly gentrified). My one complaint with small bars like this is the hideous lighting. I had to shoot at min iso8000 and sometimes iso12800. Wouldn't want to print these large but for web work the RX-1 is difficult to argue with under such poor lighting conditions. My son is the drummer which is why we are so popular with out neighbours...

iso 12800 f2

se7enhafiz

I'm new in this forum..and just got my RX1..totally different quality compare to my other X100s and X-pro1..few pics to start with..

biglouis

First new Routemaster, number 24, 22nd June 2013. Some background: route 24 is the longest running of all London bus routes, first starting in 1906. Today it brought into service the newest of all London busses, the new Routemaster - a replacement for the iconic red London bus known throughout most of the civilised world. This is pictured on its first journey from Hampstead Heath to Pimilico being driven by the Managing Director of surface transport at TfL, Leon Daniels (who still holds a valid bus license). It is here coming into Camden Town where we boarded the bus. If you are old enough to remember 'Summer Holiday' starring Cliff Richards you'll understand why I processed it like this (especially on a wet summer day).

Jonas

That new design is totally OK to me. The image is nice as well! Are there any technical news like hybrid power or silent start techniques?

biglouis

That new design is totally OK to me. The image is nice as well! Are there any technical news like hybrid power or silent start techniques?
Yes, it is a hybrid power plant. You can hear the bus coasting as it comes to stop and then when it starts to move there is a short delay until then the engine kicks in. The engine appears to totally stop if the bus stops for anything more than a short period.

LouisB

Jonas

Thank you Louis. I'm sure many Londoners will like not only the look of the bus but also this technique with less noise at stops.

Millsart

Some fun playing with the in-camera watercolor and HDR painting modes while walking down Ocean Blvd. in South Beach, Miami

I've been overdue to post some photos from my spiffy RX1, purchased here from mmbma (thanks), previously owned by Mr. Huff. Am seriously blown away by this camera. Here are some from a recent trip to CO for my son's lacrosse tournament. We did a fun zipline trip up near Vail.