The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

xdayv

David, the 2nd photo is very nice, superb colors, it also shows the DR capabilities of the RX1. Well done.

nikonf

The in camera watercolor images are very cool.
Can you get the same affect in post processing with other Sony cameras, such as the A900?
Thanks,
Mike
Some fun playing with the in-camera watercolor and HDR painting modes while walking down Ocean Blvd. in South Beach, Miami

fordfanjpn

I just got my RX1R yesterday so I'm still learning how to use it. Being all in Japanese doesn't help, but I'm struggling along. These are a few quick shots I took yesterday before I had any idea of what I was doing.

Bill

Shashin

Bill, you can change the language to English in the Setup (wrench) 4 tab, second option from the top. It should be something like 言語.

And welcome.

fordfanjpn

Bill, you can change the language to English in the Setup (wrench) 4 tab, second option from the top. It should be something like 言語.

And welcome.
Thanks, but unfortunately Sony disables the language selection menu in all cameras they sell in Japan. Panasonic does the same. I can read enough Japanese to muddle through, but I wish they'd stop that stupid practice.

Bill

Shashin

Ask Sony if you can update to the US firmware. Explain that you are a resident in Japan. They may do it for you.

M

mjr

Shashin

Interesting motion shot there, I had to go for a meeting the other week, last minute thing which involved speeding through the Mozambique bush, I took the camera anyway and got chance to experiment a bit with shutter speeds and ISO whilst trying to freeze motion.

The following are all at 1/2000th I was messing about with aperture and got down to f16 with these and the resulting ISO's are up around the higher end of what I would use, 6400 as a maximum. Hardly giving the camera a chance!

I wasn't expecting much but I'm quite impressed with the results, to say we were going pretty fast on bumpy roads!

Mat

Shashin

Mat, I am really enjoying the work you are doing with the RX-1. Actually, the camera is not important. Taking pictures from a moving vehicle is not ideal, but it is better than not taking pictures from a moving vehicle. And with luck and practice...

I took a different approach, aperture priority at f/22 (it is not like I need to worry about loss of sharpness through diffraction) and ISO 100. I panned the camera with motion. Naturally, lots of things that don't work, but some are interesting. If you are going to take a bad picture, at least make it interesting.

biglouis

Fun with my RX-1 but not much fun for our cat in the heatwave here in the UK. We open the doors at the front and back of the house and she lays in the cross-breeze.