The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

Audii-Dudii

Yes, I am confused about it. There was an example put out by Sandy (Accuraw creator) that showed 400% crop from a regular (bayer) camera vs 100% crop from a debayered one. Hence the query.
Ahh ... I'm an infrequent visitor here, so your reference was lost on me. <sigh>

I hope you find a solution for your RX1. You should keep in mind that the sensor could be completely destroyed during the monochrome conversion and be prepared to take that risk. Not for everyone.
Yes, I'm aware of this risk, but given that Sony's repair facility has quoted a price of US$1,200 to repair this particular RX1 to proper working order, its present value is a few hundred dollars at best, which is marginally within my risk tolerance level. I was really only keeping it as a potential parts camera for my other RX1, but then I discovered I could zone-focus it using the macro ring and began using it for both street and tripod-based photography, where its (broken) autofocus capability wasn't needed (and despite focusing it via the macro ring, presumably a less than optimal way of doing so considering it has a floating element, it actually captures slightly sharper photos than my "good" RX1.) We shall see...

scho

Yes, I am confused about it. There was an example put out by Sandy (Accuraw creator) that showed 400% crop from a regular (bayer) camera vs 100% crop from a debayered one. Hence the query.

I hope you find a solution for your RX1. You should keep in mind that the sensor could be completely destroyed during the monochrome conversion and be prepared to take that risk. Not for everyone.
AccuRaw Monochrome has special processing modes for cameras with IR modified sensors or sensors with CFA removed, but I haven't found anything other than a 400% preview mode that would allow changing image output resolution.

V

Vivek

Ahh ... I'm an infrequent visitor here, so your reference was lost on me. <sigh>

Yes, I'm aware of this risk, but given that Sony's repair facility has quoted a price of US$1,200 to repair this particular RX1 to proper working order, its present value is a few hundred dollars at best, which is marginally within my risk tolerance level. I was really only keeping it as a potential parts camera for my other RX1, but then I discovered I could zone-focus it using the macro ring and began using it for both street and tripod-based photography, where its (broken) autofocus capability wasn't needed (and despite focusing it via the macro ring, presumably a less than optimal way of doing so considering it has a floating element, it actually captures slightly sharper photos than my "good" RX1.) We shall see...
Carl has answered the first part. Sorry for the confusion.

That is a clever use of the broken RX1. :)

The Ute

A couple while out wandering around.
First is from the Red Cliffs National Conservation area.
2nd from Confluence Park area.

The Ute

A little walk in the Pine Valley mountains.
Shot handheld.
Amazing camera. One of the finest I have ever had the pleasure to lay my hands on.:D