The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

JMaher

Come on more contributors needed. I can't be the only one using this antiquated camera any more:)

Anyhow a had a little free time today and decided to play with a composite. This is a shot taken with the Rx1 at Universal Studios' Harry Potter section combined with a photo I took at a Game of Thrones shoot a month or so ago with my A7RII. Obviously there was quite a bit of creative file manipulation as well. Not the normal photo on this forum but I thought a few might like it. Maybe I'll paste this on the A7 section as well since both cameras were used.
And yes, the dragon actually shoots fire every hour or so for a few seconds.
Jim

Universal Dragon by jmmtampa, on Flickr

pegelli

Thousend wishes, thousend thanks
Nice shot, I like how you've mixed the inside and outside view.

I visited the same place last year, but took a more conventional shot there:

(Only a small version since it's not a RX1 shot, but with an older A850, click for larger)

The Ute

Sometimes I forget what a fantastic camera the RX1R is.
Our local coffee shop view shot @ F11.
SOOC JPEGS.

The Ute

No reason the RX1 can't be used as an awesome landscape camera.
Despite it's compact size it's more than up to the task.