The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

JMaher

The dock area and the expressway just outside of Tampa Florida. One shot cropped to a panorama view from Ybor City.

_DSC1353-Edit.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

A highly processed view of Ybor city. Just a fun night out that deserved a fun photo.

_DSC1336-Edit.jpg

markhout

Picked up the RX1R a couple of weeks ago. It's not as pocketable as I had hoped to be, but I have been spoiled with the GR.

Here is a quick shot of a storm over Brooklyn and Manhattan this afternoon.

jim251

Swiss Baker

This is an RX1R outtake from my one-and-only stab at time-lapse photography. The Swiss Bakery (local, awesome) let me come in one Saturday at 4:30 a.m. to try to capture the hectic but controlled madness of getting ready for their crush of weekend morning business.

Their dress is characterized by their red caps - all employees wear them. I used this shot as a prototype for processing the thousands of frames in the time-lapse. I liked the look and went with it. All in all it was a completely experimental project for me.

RX1R, ISO 160

The time-lapse itself was shot with an Olympus E-M1, the camera I used for the year+ waiting for the A7R2 to appear. Believe me, time-lapse is right in the wheelhouse of the E-M1.

The bakery loved the final product but my conclusion was that these projects are just waaay too much work. I'd rather just stare at a nice still photograph.

If you're interested, the video is HERE...

Cheers,

Annna T

Swiss Baker

This is an RX1R outtake from my one-and-only stab at time-lapse photography. The Swiss Bakery (local, awesome) let me come in one Saturday at 4:30 a.m. to try to capture the hectic but controlled madness of getting ready for their crush of weekend morning business.

Their dress is characterized by their red caps - all employees wear them. I used this shot as a prototype for processing the thousands of frames in the time-lapse. I liked the look and went with it. All in all it was a completely experimental project for me.

The time-lapse itself was shot with an Olympus E-M1, the camera I used for the year+ waiting for the A7R2 to appear. Believe me, time-lapse is right in the wheelhouse of the E-M1.

The bakery loved the final product but my conclusion was that these projects are just waaay too much work. I'd rather just stare at a nice still photograph.

If you're interested, the video is HERE...

Cheers,
Very nice, both the still and the timelapse. The red caps against the BW background makes it. I can easily see why they loved it.

markhout

Baaad weather over Lower Manhattan last night, while I was hanging out in Brooklyn Bridge Park. Only got a little wet on my way back home.

Stitched pano, LR local adjustments.

The Ute

Desert is in bloom near my home: Globemallow, Sego Lily, Paddle Cactus, and Coreopsis.

Last edited: