The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax to E-mount AF adapter!

jfirneno

[QUOTE
The Techart adapter is still holding up OK. Two more with the 45 Planar.

QUOTE]

Carl:

I've been playing around with that combination (adapter and lens) too. Of course it's a great lens but I'm still getting used to the adapter. By the way, I've been enjoying the samples you've been posting. Very nice.

Regards,
John

scho

[QUOTE
The Techart adapter is still holding up OK. Two more with the 45 Planar.

QUOTE]

Carl:

I've been playing around with that combination (adapter and lens) too. Of course it's a great lens but I'm still getting used to the adapter. By the way, I've been enjoying the samples you've been posting. Very nice.

Regards,
John
Thanks John. I still have occasional problems with stopped down (past 5.6) AF, but in general it has been working fine. Here are a few more from a recent trip to California.

Some shots taken with the 45 planar through the window of a 757 at 37000 ft.

and one iconic shot of Yosemite valley, a 3 shot stitch with the 45 planar. This was as far as we could go into the park before running into a manned roadblock on the road into the valley.

Last edited:

jfirneno

Thanks John. I still have occasional problems with stopped down (past 5.6) AF, but in general it has been working fine. Here are a few more from a recent trip to California.
QUOTE]

Hey Carl:

That stitch of Yosemite really looks good and sharp. Did you use magnified view to get the focus? Was this on a tripod.

Regards,
John

scho

QUOTE]

Hey Carl:

That stitch of Yosemite really looks good and sharp. Did you use magnified view to get the focus? Was this on a tripod.

Regards,
John
Hi John,

No tripod, just 3 quick handheld AF shots w/o magnification in portrait orientation. Shot at f/4 so shutter speed was high in bright sun.

Regards,
Carl