The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

tbhv55

Just a few hundred more..and I am out of here. Promise
"A few hundred more" sounds like a great idea, rayyan... let's see 'em! :)

I thought that I'd try and chip in, although I can't match the quality of your posts, with such a variety of subject matter.

Here's one from a recent coastal walk. The RX100 accompanied us, and was no trouble - almost unnoticeable in the pocket. It is so small - yet very versatile.

rayyan

"A few hundred more" sounds like a great idea, rayyan... let's see 'em! :)

I thought that I'd try and chip in, although I can't match the quality of your posts, with such a variety of subject matter.

Here's one from a recent coastal walk. The RX100 accompanied us, and was no trouble - almost unnoticeable in the pocket. It is so small - yet very versatile.

Beautiful!! Look at the shadows underneath the white waves; almost 3 dimensional.

Lovely walk it must have been and a lovely image.

Thanks for sharing and thanks to Lloyd, Maggie and yourself for the ' likes '.

Best wishes.

tbhv55

Many thanks for the "likes", rayyan and Lloyd.:)

I must admit, I didn't expect much from this shot, as the figure on the beach was about 200-250 metres away! I expected a rather vague and lifeless image at that distance, when using a pocket camera. This is a crop from the original OOC Jpeg (smallest setting), which was then re-sized down to about 50% for posting. Even at 100%, the detail is good. Sony did a fine job with the RX100.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
So, we look forward for weeks to a photograph from the South West, and what do we get- a snap of a man on a beach with some waves!....

just as well it was a decent snap:). Hope we get some more.

Cheers.

tbhv55

So, we look forward for weeks to a photograph from the South West, and what do we get- a snap of a man on a beach with some waves!....

just as well it was a decent snap:). Hope we get some more.

Cheers.
Thanks (I think!;)).

Photo time has been in rather short supply lately, due to my having to spend a lot of time on a fairly major home DIY project :(, but I'm hoping to have more time available soon :) (though I doubt I'll reach your output!:D)

philber

I really loved how your pics and running commentary brought me along on your trip, Rayyan. A great blog-like series of posts, and fine pics, too. Thanks! Difficult to pick faves, though I am partial to your "gritty" B&Ws and to your vintage look, reminding me of Alexandra David-Neel.

rayyan

I really loved how your pics and running commentary brought me along on your trip, Rayyan. A great blog-like series of posts, and fine pics, too. Thanks! Difficult to pick faves, though I am partial to your "gritty" B&Ws and to your vintage look, reminding me of Alexandra David-Neel.
Hi Philber.

So nice to see you here. Thanks for stopping by.

I choose this time to spend more time outside the cities and towns. I had the advantage that I had a guide and a car/driver for the duration of the trip. We would go anywhere, anytime..and thus got to see and meet local people. The villages in particular held a fascination for me. Mostly they have remained untouched by the progress in the cities. They do have electricity, water, schools etc., but no Big Mac or KFC, as yet.

rayyan

Rayyan, where are you?
Hi there Mikal...

Right now I am sitting outside in the garden with my computer and typing this response. It is 20:30 here, pleasantly warm.

Latitude: 24° 39' North
Longitude: 46° 44' East

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

With best wishes.

p.s Lloyd, I am searching for a good photo to edit in my trial version of CS6 and post in this forum. Says I have 27 days left for the trial!! It shouldn't take that long to edit!!

(...)

I choose this time to spend more time outside the cities and towns. I had the advantage that I had a guide and a car/driver for the duration of the trip. We would go anywhere, anytime..and thus got to see and meet local people. The villages in particular held a fascination for me. Mostly they have remained untouched by the progress in the cities. They do have electricity, water, schools etc., but no Big Mac or KFC, as yet.
Rayyan: Once again a picture (and PP) that calls for appreciative response and applause! A great environmental portrait and a nice composition as well.

philber

I agree about the last picture, Contrelamontre, except that, to a dinosaur like me, it reminds painfully of similar images at the time of the Vietnam war. Not a pretty memory.

Philippe: Although getting the point, Rayyan as well as I myself, beeing most probably even older, we all have to deal with and particularly have to work up a wide range of beautiful and also even cruel memories, everyone in his/her own way. And photography may be a proven remedy along these lines for quite a few of us.