Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 54

Thread: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

  1. #1
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100


    Humor him, he might go away! And we can get back to discuss real cameras.
    koffee & kamera
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post

    Humor him, he might go away! And we can get back to discuss real cameras.
    Rayyan: Very nice picture again with that silly little camera. Truly like the expression of her, you captered so well! And very apt PP, as usual.

    (To be honest: Would like it even more either with a slightly wider crop (with her hands entirely visible) or, if you missed that, even with a slightly tighter crop, cut off exactly above the wrist of her right arm. But, of course, that's just my taste. )

    Thanks for sharing and take care.
    Best regards - Hermann

  3. #3
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post
    Rayyan: Very nice picture again with that silly little camera. Truly like the expression of her, you captered so well! And very apt PP, as usual.

    (To be honest: Would like it even more either with a slightly wider crop (with her hands entirely visible) or, if you missed that, even with a slightly tighter crop, cut off exactly above the wrist of her right arm. But, of course, that's just my taste. )

    Thanks for sharing and take care.
    Hello Hermann.

    How you keeping?
    Grateful for your encouragement pal. And you are right, I should have taken more care with the lady's arms! I shall crop as you suggested.

    Best wishes to you and yours.

  4. #4
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Having lost my luggage, this came as a shock! But realized that this was not directed at me!!

    koffee & kamera
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  5. #5
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Half an hour. Flying time that is. From here to Seam Reap, Cambodia. Angor Wat.

    But which came first? Wat Phu or Angor Wat? Interesting to find out, no? Read the Kymer history.


    I almost caught the flight to Seam Reap..for a day's trip; but wanted my wife to see Angor Wat too!! Till the next time.
    koffee & kamera
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #6
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Good stuff, my friend. You and that "silly little camera" make a great combo.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    My RX100 must be even sillier than yours, 'cause I'm not getting results like these...
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  8. #8
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Good stuff, my friend. You and that "silly little camera" make a great combo.
    Lloyd, thank you pal.

    That little one does carry some punch, I tell you!

    Kindest regards.

  9. #9
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    I bought a sarong. I bought a t-shirt. Wondered if one wears something under the sarong.

    I asked where I could get my meager clothes washed.

    The Mekong, they said.

    Any Laundry service, I asked.

    Walk till you see the sign, they said.

    koffee & kamera
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  10. #10
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Where u wanna go?, they asked.

    Home, I said.

    Welcome aboard, they said.

    koffee & kamera
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  11. #11
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Hey guys, thanks a lot for the ' likes '.

    koffee & kamera
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Hello Hermann.

    How you keeping?
    Grateful for your encouragement pal. (...)
    Best wishes to you and yours.
    Rayyan: You're welcome. Tutto bene , but thanks a lot for your wishes!

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Hey guys, thanks a lot for the ' likes '.
    Really nice composition to each of the last two captures, and I like the PP (particularly the grain/"grittiness") as well.
    Best regards - Hermann
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  13. #13
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Where are you from?

    The States, I said without a pause.

    She looked around and burst out laughing. No, really..she asked.

    How about We discuss my origins over lunch, I asked. I am an early sleeper; I added quickly.

    koffee & kamera
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  14. #14
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Back on the streets...


    p.s thanks for the ' likes '. Much appreciated.
    koffee & kamera
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Where are you from?

    The States, I said without a pause.

    She looked around and burst out laughing. No, really..she asked.

    How about We discuss my origins over lunch, I asked. I am an early sleeper; I added quickly.
    Rayyan:

    So, now I'm seriously considering the purchase of such a silly camera as well, since it seems to be an incredibly successful communication aid.

    And nice pictures it delivers as well. Although there obviously remain the question of a charming dialog partner as well as the need of a capable photographer, hm ...

    Nice ones again!
    Best regards - Hermann

  16. #16
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    More magic, Rayyan. Love the story with the young woman's pic. She saw right through you, my friend.

  17. #17
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post
    Rayyan:

    So, now I'm seriously considering the purchase of such a silly camera as well, since it seems to be an incredibly successful communication aid.

    And nice pictures it delivers as well. Although there obviously remain the question of a charming dialog partner as well as the need of a capable photographer, hm ...

    Nice ones again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    More magic, Rayyan. Love the story with the young woman's pic. She saw right through you, my friend.
    Hermann. Lloyd..it is a privilege to have you as my friends..

    Kindest Regards.
    koffee & kamera
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  18. #18
    Subscriber Member kit laughlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Two suitcases and the latest MBA
    Posts
    1,334
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Hello Rayyan,

    Did you pull the sky down in PP (the temple image) or did you use a polariser? Nice image.

  19. #19
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Quote Originally Posted by kit laughlin View Post
    Hello Rayyan,

    Did you pull the sky down in PP (the temple image) or did you use a polariser? Nice image.
    Hi there Kit.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    Covert to b&w using an orange filter. Then adjusting the opacity ( saturation for snapseed ) with the org. Color layer underneath,if ps.

    Sorry, I don't remember which one I used.

    Folks, thanks a lot for the ' likes '.

    Best regards.

  20. #20
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100


    Ya, everything looks good on my iPad. Prints cost more than my cam!
    koffee & kamera
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  21. #21
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Way to stitch images...

    koffee & kamera
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  22. #22
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Might just work... for prints!!!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  23. #23
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    koffee & kamera
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  24. #24
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    I am back here friends.!!

    First, a thanks for the ' likes ' guys. Thank you.

    koffee & kamera
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  25. #25
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Another nice one, Rayyan. Love the subtle light.

  26. #26
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100


    Just a few hundred more..and I am out of here. Promise.

    p.s. Thanks Lloyd.
    koffee & kamera
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  27. #27
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Keep them coming, my friend. Keep them coming!

  28. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Just a few hundred more..and I am out of here. Promise
    "A few hundred more" sounds like a great idea, rayyan... let's see 'em!

    I thought that I'd try and chip in, although I can't match the quality of your posts, with such a variety of subject matter.

    Here's one from a recent coastal walk. The RX100 accompanied us, and was no trouble - almost unnoticeable in the pocket. It is so small - yet very versatile.

    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  29. #29
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Quote Originally Posted by tbhv55 View Post
    "A few hundred more" sounds like a great idea, rayyan... let's see 'em!

    I thought that I'd try and chip in, although I can't match the quality of your posts, with such a variety of subject matter.

    Here's one from a recent coastal walk. The RX100 accompanied us, and was no trouble - almost unnoticeable in the pocket. It is so small - yet very versatile.

    Beautiful!! Look at the shadows underneath the white waves; almost 3 dimensional.

    Lovely walk it must have been and a lovely image.

    Thanks for sharing and thanks to Lloyd, Maggie and yourself for the ' likes '.

    Best wishes.

  30. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Many thanks for the "likes", rayyan and Lloyd.

    I must admit, I didn't expect much from this shot, as the figure on the beach was about 200-250 metres away! I expected a rather vague and lifeless image at that distance, when using a pocket camera. This is a crop from the original OOC Jpeg (smallest setting), which was then re-sized down to about 50% for posting. Even at 100%, the detail is good. Sony did a fine job with the RX100.

  31. #31
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    So, we look forward for weeks to a photograph from the South West, and what do we get- a snap of a man on a beach with some waves!....

    just as well it was a decent snap. Hope we get some more.

    Cheers.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  32. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    So, we look forward for weeks to a photograph from the South West, and what do we get- a snap of a man on a beach with some waves!....

    just as well it was a decent snap. Hope we get some more.

    Cheers.
    Thanks (I think!).

    Photo time has been in rather short supply lately, due to my having to spend a lot of time on a fairly major home DIY project , but I'm hoping to have more time available soon (though I doubt I'll reach your output!)

  33. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    I really loved how your pics and running commentary brought me along on your trip, Rayyan. A great blog-like series of posts, and fine pics, too. Thanks! Difficult to pick faves, though I am partial to your "gritty" B&Ws and to your vintage look, reminding me of Alexandra David-Neel.

  34. #34
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Quote Originally Posted by philber View Post
    I really loved how your pics and running commentary brought me along on your trip, Rayyan. A great blog-like series of posts, and fine pics, too. Thanks! Difficult to pick faves, though I am partial to your "gritty" B&Ws and to your vintage look, reminding me of Alexandra David-Neel.
    Hi Philber.

    So nice to see you here. Thanks for stopping by.

    I choose this time to spend more time outside the cities and towns. I had the advantage that I had a guide and a car/driver for the duration of the trip. We would go anywhere, anytime..and thus got to see and meet local people. The villages in particular held a fascination for me. Mostly they have remained untouched by the progress in the cities. They do have electricity, water, schools etc., but no Big Mac or KFC, as yet.

    koffee & kamera
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  35. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Coral Gables, FL
    Posts
    645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Rayyan, where are you?

  36. #36
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Quote Originally Posted by MikalWGrass View Post
    Rayyan, where are you?
    Hi there Mikal...

    Right now I am sitting outside in the garden with my computer and typing this response. It is 20:30 here, pleasantly warm.

    Latitude: 24 39' North
    Longitude: 46 44' East

    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

    With best wishes.

    p.s Lloyd, I am searching for a good photo to edit in my trial version of CS6 and post in this forum. Says I have 27 days left for the trial!! It shouldn't take that long to edit!!

  37. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post

    (...)

    I choose this time to spend more time outside the cities and towns. I had the advantage that I had a guide and a car/driver for the duration of the trip. We would go anywhere, anytime..and thus got to see and meet local people. The villages in particular held a fascination for me. Mostly they have remained untouched by the progress in the cities. They do have electricity, water, schools etc., but no Big Mac or KFC, as yet.
    Rayyan: Once again a picture (and PP) that calls for appreciative response and applause! A great environmental portrait and a nice composition as well.
    Best regards - Hermann

  38. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    I agree about the last picture, Contrelamontre, except that, to a dinosaur like me, it reminds painfully of similar images at the time of the Vietnam war. Not a pretty memory.

  39. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MUC, Germany
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Philippe: Although getting the point, Rayyan as well as I myself, beeing most probably even older, we all have to deal with and particularly have to work up a wide range of beautiful and also even cruel memories, everyone in his/her own way. And photography may be a proven remedy along these lines for quite a few of us.
    Best regards - Hermann
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  40. #40
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post
    Rayyan: Once again a picture (and PP) that calls for appreciative response and applause! A great environmental portrait and a nice composition as well.
    Thank you very much, my friend.

  41. #41
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Quote Originally Posted by contrelamontre View Post
    Philippe: Although getting the point, Rayyan as well as I myself, beeing most probably even older, we all have to deal with and particularly have to work up a wide range of beautiful and also even cruel memories, everyone in his/her own way. And photography may be a proven remedy along these lines for quite a few of us.
    Well said Hermann.

    May I add, that such memories, some pleasant and some cruel, should remind all of us of our collective history/histories.

    Not being reminded of our follies, we might, just might, do so again. This applies to the entire human race; not one region or people in particular. And throughout history.

    Kindest regards.
    koffee & kamera
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  42. #42
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Back to some photography with the RX 100!

    Through 6 countries it flows. Joined by tributaries throughout its journey to a place well known in history..the Mekong Delta.

    This is a small tributary. The trees are under water during the rainy season. All one sees is water. Plunging down more than a 1000 mts., it joins the Mekong on its journey towards the sea.


  43. #43
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    And this is where I shacked up for a couple of days!! Mountains, the river, good company and superb boating, rafting and swimming.
    I don't raft!! I row.

    Plus the food...to order!


    p.s. there was a/c in them huts!

  44. #44
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    In ages past..when I was young ( ), I would go to see movies and would invariably see either of ' color by Technicolor ' or ' Eastman color '.

    I sometimes miss that age..

    Here is one with a Technicolor rendition by Alienskin...

    koffee & kamera
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  45. #45
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    koffee & kamera
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  46. #46
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Nice find, Rayyan. Looks like it's been there a while, eh?

  47. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Nice one, rayyan! Was this image also done with the Alienskin Technicolor rendition?

  48. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Coral Gables, FL
    Posts
    645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Rayyan, great stuff. can you please tell us where the photos were taken? Thanks.

  49. #49
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Nice find, Rayyan. Looks like it's been there a while, eh?
    Lloyd, I would guess they ran out of spare parts for it!!

    Thanks pal.

  50. #50
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Oh Lord, he is back with his silly RX 100

    Quote Originally Posted by tbhv55 View Post
    Nice one, rayyan! Was this image also done with the Alienskin Technicolor rendition?
    Hi there.

    This was just a bleach bypass on the snapseed ( free sw !! ) and the iPad.

    Thanks for looking in. Much appreciated.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •