The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

RRS Plate for RX1

M

mjr

Bob

It would be great to hear how you get on with this, if it looks good i'll be ordering one myself.

Cheers

Mat

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Mat,

I am sold on the RRS plates...really have had one for every one of my cameras for a few years now. BUT...this one looks like it increases the size of the camera by 25%...not a small addition.

I have one of their lens plates on now but it does not provide for vertical orientation on the tripod/head...and with the Thumb addition the camera is already somewhat stable.

I can see using this most of the time but removing it if I am not shooting landscapes or panos. if it does feel too bulky.

Bob

M

mjr

Bob

It does indeed look fairly bulky, I haven't used the RRS plates before, I went Arca Swiss on my Alpa, mainly because RRS don't have dealers in the UK.

I really like the RX1, I think it's a great little camera and to be honest, I wouldn't mind a little extra bulk to hold on to. The thumb bump on the back makes all the difference at the moment, I think without it, it wouldn't feel as nice to hold. I think I'm going to order the complete kit anyway and see what it feels like.

Mat