Site Sponsors

Thread: sony CLM-V55 field monitor

Post Thanks / Like

sony CLM-V55 field monitor

hi all im thinking of using one of these and cant seem to find the answer to a question i have ...how good is it with mf ..i do landscape tripod and find the small nex screen bad in direct sunlight ...with this being bigger i thought it may help...

question nex 5r or nex 7

does it disable the in camera focus peaking ...anyone who has got one could you please help

Post Thanks / Like

Re: sony CLM-V55 field monitor

Quote Originally Posted by tray271 View Post
    hi all im thinking of using one of these and cant seem to find the answer to a question i have ...how good is it with mf ..i do landscape tripod and find the small nex screen bad in direct sunlight ...with this being bigger i thought it may help...

question nex 5r or nex 7

does it disable the in camera focus peaking ...anyone who has got one could you please help
    when connecting the SLT/NEX camera to an external monitor via HDMI cable the overlayed peaking signal is disabled as it is derived from the video signal feeding the LCD/EVF of the camera. Therefore the peaking is not available on a standard HD TV.
    the CLM-V55 however has its own peaking function so it is available via the menu of this field monitor. However, as the peaking signal is again derived from the video signal which is fed ito it, the peaking will also "outline" all the menu icons on the live view image.