The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the 5n and some legacy glass

dixeyk

I have become very fond of using my 5n and some of my older legacy lenses. It may not be the latest and greatest and it sure doesn't have the pedigree of a lot fo other gear out there but I find the results quite pleasing.

The Olympus Pen 38/1.8

Salad by dixeyk, on Flickr

The Quiet by dixeyk, on Flickr

dixeyk

I find that I am constantly surprised at what the little 5n is capable of. It may not have the fastest AF or the latest features but for someone like me that shoots mostly MF it works very well. Set the aperture, dial in any exposure comp and go.

mazor

I know this is one very old thread, but decided to revive and post some legacy glass shots using the Sony 5r. Although not technically a 5n, both these cams are pretty similar

This is shot using the modified Oly penft 40mm f1.4 M mount.

very busy bokey from the penf 40mm 1.4

I find the bokeh a little busy, please let me know your opinions, thanks :)

mazor

pegelli

I think the bokeh is indeed quite busy and "hard", but for this picture it fits the hustle and bustle mood of the street market quite well.

Can I make a plug to post these in the Fun with Sony____ thread? :cool:

We're trying to get that as busy as the "Fun with a7" thread.