The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Enjoy Sony B&W

hot

Hehe, wrong forum ... should be "Small Sensor Cameras"

Nice pictures ... even if I HATE B&W ... B&W is a backstep to year 1899 :p ... sepia is better (anno 1905)

But each one as he thinks :)

simonclivehughes

@ckhfrankie, very nice images.

Here are a couple more Sony images to add to this thread:

Sony NEX 7, 16mm f2.8 lens.

View attachment 74757

Sony NEX 7, 90mm f3.5 CV lens.

View attachment 74758

Nice pictures ... even if I HATE B&W ... B&W is a backstep to year 1899 :p ... sepia is better (anno 1905)

But each one as he thinks :)
Hot, I think you're missing so much... B&W can be glorious! It's not a step back by virtue that you're not removing anything, but simply adding a whole other palette to work with. :)

Cheers,

hot

"caaaan be glorious" - buuuuut isn't for me! Do you know? - Years ago KODAK invented color film!
But okay ... some people drive cars from 1930 ...

(...)

Cheers,
Simon: Besides it's B&W (and just B&W matches the subject perfectly, imho *) quite a bold PP on the first one but, I really like it and particularly the composition. :thumbup: Also a nice example showing the potential of the widely underestimated 16mm, f/2.8, if and when used by a capable photographer.

Thx for sharing!

* PS: And I like the B&W clearly better than the colour version, you posted in the NEX-7 thread, BTW.

Last edited:

simonclivehughes

Thanks gents!

That picture consisted of a complex setup: me lounging on a bench, pressing the shutter as interesting people passed. Personally, the 16mm is a favourite of mine, I seem to have a "good" copy (maybe as it is an original version?) and I've been very pleased with its performance.

Here's another B&W from the NEX 7 & E55-210mm lens.

View attachment 74767

Cheers,

hot

Hmmm, for such postpostpostprocessed & manipulated B&W pictures you do not need a NEX7
- each other camera makes also such photos ;-)

Sony NEX 7, 16mm f2.8 lens.

View attachment 74757

Sony NEX 7, 90mm f3.5 CV lens.

View attachment 74758

Hot, I think you're missing so much... B&W can be glorious! It's not a step back by virtue that you're not removing anything, but simply adding a whole other palette to work with. :)

Cheers,
You are welcome and nice to meet you too, Simon

turbines

Hmmm, for such postpostpostprocessed & manipulated B&W pictures you do not need a NEX7
- each other camera makes also such photos ;-)
I thought there was not such a thing as a straight "as shot" unmanipulated B&W image fnom any camera. What would Ansel have said? :grin: