The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

VILTROX adapter EOS-NEX

hot

Tamron 80-400 (Canon Mount)

Sigma 18-200 (Canon Mount)

Tamron 60mm/2.0 - manual focus

Tamron 60mm/2.0 - manual focus

Last edited:

hot

3D with NEX7 + Canon lens Sigma 18-200 - out of camera

Last edited:

Rawfa

Does this adapter allow you to control aperture like the Speedbooster or do you have to shoot wide open at all times? Does it also turn your NEX into a "full frame"?

V

Vivek

New rumors are that Sony will deliver (at least) one camera soon that will AF with anything by moving the sensor. It was a principle used by old Contax cameras.

I am done with the AF adapters. ;)

Rawfa

I've been following the rumor mill my self and I'm very interested in their NEX FF camera. I'm sure they will do something to up their AF game now that Canon has the dual pixel AF system.

Rawfa

Actually this add doesn't say anything about it the 1 f stop gain or 1x crop factor that the SB offers. I've been looking around and I couldn't find anything to substantiate these specs either. Anyway, I was curious but I'm tired of adapters. I'm just going to wait for the NEX FF.

Sorry for thread jacking, Hot. I'm out of here...

mbroomfield

Sorry. Metabones offer 2 adapters. The Speedbooster has the lens, the Smart Adapter just has the electronics. So I meant that this is just like the Smart Adapter, not the Speed Booster.

hot

I'm very satisfied with VILTROX adapter for such low price ($180). It works well with my Canon lenses - I have only few Canon lenses, but much with Canon-mount (Sigma, Tokina, Tamron ...)

Some of them work with VILTROX 100% like with Canon cameras, only few don't fullfill all functions - depending of built-in software of lenses. I think it does same work like $399 Metabones (I never would buy - toooo expensive that thing - I have no oil fountains)

PS: I dislike FF cameras ... except Sony will show a FF wonder thing for $ 999.

@mbroomfield
Yes it's no Speedbuster - whooooo needs such an expensive, unnecessary thing?

V

Vivek

Hot, Don't worry. There are no oil fountains anywhere. One has to dig and dig deep to get that stuff out. :D

hot

My opinion: much adoo about nothing ... you even cannot select aperture with EF = expensive toy. Also Metabones, 3x price ...