The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nice photos with A3000

V

Vivek

Fabulous stuff (both the 3000 and the 16-70 zoom). SOny are on a roll.:)

hot

Of course it is a beginner's camera, buuuuut it has a viewer :p - but like display ~ 200.000 pixels :( ... tutti completto 20 mpixel e-mount camera for $ 399 / € 350 (with 18-55) not bad.

16-70 is a "must NOT have" for € 999

philber

The question I have is the new 20Mp APS-C sensor. The A3000's pric epoint suggests that it should be inferior to the 16.1Mp which the new and more expensive NEX 5T gets. Or does this foreshadow an interation of the NEX 6 with this sensor?

Is the sensor from the Sony a58? Imaging resource gives the a58 a small edge over the nex6.

At $400 the ilc is a great backup for a nex.

philber

Fabulous stuff (both the 3000 and the 16-70 zoom). SOny are on a roll.:)
I agree. But, for me, the most interesting/creative new Sony products will be the forthcoming ExpressOn. Sort of "camera-in-a-lens", attached to a smartphone, and suing the smartphone's display, wi-fi and app for control. Very innovative and unconventional. I hope it works out for Sony, and pushes Canon and Nikon to innovate as well.