The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Small (non Leica) lenses that have potential on the A7/7R

V

Vivek

The 40/2.4 Summarit is a wonderful lens, but the 40/2 Summicron is a lot easier to adapt. :)
Sure, I have a great sample of the M Rokkor 40/2. Still, the Summarit was available for a give away a price. Just how many "normal" primes one needs? How about 12-14? :ROTFL:

scho

Hello Carl:

What camera were you using it on? Was it one of the NEX cameras?

Regards,
John
NEX6 John, with both the AF adapter and straight Contax G to E MF adapter.

Not sure what to do here : I can't add a "like" to your comment, because it is not a very good news. More or less what I feared, but I'm grateful that you are always willing to share your experience with those Contax lenses.

How much do you have to crop to get good enough corners ? Would you say that you are still getting a wider angle of view than with the 28mm ?
It is somewhat image dependent, but yes significantly wider perspective than the 28 biogon that also has some smearing, but not as bad as the 21. My favorite 21 is the CV 21 1.8 Ultron that performs very well on the NEX and the M9.

Annna T

While certainly not youthful, I still lust after the Hologon. I think it is a 4 stop ND filter. Not for the faint of heart. :)

And, yes, you can use it on the A7/7R (with the expected color issues). :)

See: zeissimages.com Forums - CornerFix Profile for the NEX-7 + Hologon 8/16mm Contax G mount
I finally had the time to visit that page, very interesting, I was sure it would be impossible to mount the Hologon, because it sticks very deep in the body; makes me lust for an A7 or A7r even more.

I just digged into the archives and found some pictures taken with the 16mm Hologon and Contax G2.

Straight out of camera :

with perspective corrected in LR5 :

Misty morning, Ascona lakeshore :

V

Vivek

Contax Zeiss 45mm Tessar pancake lens? That will be a tiny package.
It will be (not counting the adapter ;) ). You will have to stop a Tessar down to f/8-f/11 to get even illumination.

algrove

Cannot wait for the chance to try out some Contax G, AF lenses, especially the 45/2.0 and the 28/2.8. Maybe even the 21/2.8 will work.

Michiel Schierbeek

Cannot wait for the chance to try out some Contax G, AF lenses, especially the 45/2.0 and the 28/2.8. Maybe even the 21/2.8 will work.
The 28/2.8 has severe colour shift and corner smearing as does my ZM Biogon 25/2.8 :cry:

But I am still hoping for old reflex alternatives.
So send me my A7r now :banghead: and I will find out.

scho

Rurouni

Just wondering if anyone has tried the cv 35/2.5 on the a7r yet? It is an old Leica thread mount lens with very nice rendering and pretty high contrast which I like a lot on my bessa-r.

Saw a sample shot done on the a7 that looks good but no information as to whether it has been cropped.

Gbealnz

Anyone tried the Canon LTM 50mm lenses, the likes of the 50/1.4, or the 50/1.2?
I think I saw Vivek tried the 0.95 Canon?
Gary