The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Small (non Leica) lenses that have potential on the A7/7R

henningw

While certainly not youthful, I still lust after the Hologon. I think it is a 4 stop ND filter. Not for the faint of heart. :)

And, yes, you can use it on the A7/7R (with the expected color issues). :)

See: zeissimages.com Forums - CornerFix Profile for the NEX-7 + Hologon 8/16mm Contax G mount
It's a 2 stop ND. I used it a bit when I tried the 16 on the G1 years ago. I still have the 15mm Hologon for Leica, with its ND filter etc. A wonderful lens for its time, and soooo much smaller than the 15 I got for the Nikon about the same time.

Henning

V

Vivek

Not many (in Leica mount) were actually made and at least 2 samples ended up in Vancouver! :eek:

Hausen

Anyone tried the Canon LTM 50mm lenses, the likes of the 50/1.4, or the 50/1.2?
I think I saw Vivek tried the 0.95 Canon?
Gary
I have briefly tried the 50 1.4 and it was great. Been an unusual first week with this camera because I have ended trying everything without really doing anything:p

henningw

Not many (in Leica mount) were actually made and at least 2 samples ended up in Vancouver! :eek:
You're right, but I've never seen another here, and I (and the lens) have been here since I bought it in 1973 or 74. I later found out that at least 4 others were sold in Vancouver. There are quite a few Leica shooters here though. I see quite a few when out for a walk relative to other places.

I haven't tried it on the M, but I did mount it on the M8 and took a number of trial shots. SEVERE vignetting. Basically black in the outer 1/3 on the M8. As I got a WATE during Leica's promotion with the M8 at an astoundingly good price, I use that now rather than the 15 Heliar or the Hologon. Size isn't as good though.

Henning

Gbealnz

I have briefly tried the 50 1.4 and it was great. Been an unusual first week with this camera because I have ended trying everything without really doing anything:p
Thank you David.Seemed a long way to go to get a reply, we are less than 150 kilometers apart, LOL.
I ended up buying a 1.2 Canon, on spec, so will see.
Gary

mazor

Hey Vivek, have you actually tried penF lens on the A7 or A7r? I suspect there would be massive vignett as it is really designed for half frame cameras, which is slightly larger than 1.5x crop or APS-C. I have used penF on my Nex 5n and they work a treat. Also PenF lens work well on my Em1 hehe.

V

Vivek

Hey Vivek, have you actually tried penF lens on the A7 or A7r? I suspect there would be massive vignett as it is really designed for half frame cameras, which is slightly larger than 1.5x crop or APS-C. I have used penF on my Nex 5n and they work a treat. Also PenF lens work well on my Em1 hehe.
Check this out: http://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/49391-fun-a7-7r.html

For the first time, despite having >100 lenses that I can use on the A7R, I am not doing any testing for the sake of testing. I am just enjoying my photography. Just keep an eye on that thread. :)

algrove

Vivek

You only have 100 lenses! Just joking. I am thinking it must take a entire room just to store them all where you can get to them.