The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7/A7R silly question?

Rawfa

Since Sony them selves said that some e-mount lenses may cover the FF mount on the A7/A7R, would it be possible to use a focal reducer (speedbooster, lens turbo, etc) on them?

V

Vivek

What I said applies only to the Speed Booster. That gives ~tele-centric projections (that is the whole point).

The knock offs may not do that though.

mazor

Since Sony them selves said that some e-mount lenses may cover the FF mount on the A7/A7R, would it be possible to use a focal reducer (speedbooster, lens turbo, etc) on them?
Haha

I was thinking exactly the same thing, the "Speed Reducer" would essentially have an optical lens set that would have to take a APC-C image, and magnify it to fill a full frame sensor. The outcome would be a much lower resolution image on full frame and sacrifice of approx 1 stop of light.

Any advantage of doing this would be lost, so not only would you end up with a lower IQ full frame high resolution image, but also you would lose 1 stop of light.

No go I think

hot

Metabones Canon EF Lens to Sony NEX Smart Adapter (Mark III) is Metabones third-generation Smart Adapters allow you to mount Canon EF and EF-S mount lenses on Sony a7R and a7 full-frame cameras. It retains existing features such as a detachable AS-style quick release plate, chrome-plated brass for all mounting surfaces, EXIF, autofocus and image stabilization (IS) lens support.